You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

add on, program or browser extention to notify when controllers come online?

Tyler Wood

Tyler Wood
Posted
Posted

Hello

I use VATSpy quite regularly (if the developer is reading this, even if not intentional, it is quite accessible from a screen reader perspective). However I am part of a virtual airline that will post in a discord channel as soon as a controller comes online (this is exclusive to Canada). I was wondering if there was something similar for the rest of the world?

Yes, I'm well aware this would more than likely be incredibly busy, as it were. There are a lot of places control can come online in the world.

I do see on vatmap that there is something called vatbook. Controllers can use it to log the time they will be online, however this also appears to be relatively exclusive to Europe airspace.

I fly at all times of the day - suffering from Insomnia and an ever changing work schedule, I've been known to get out of bed at 8 AM and not get to sleep until 8 AM the next day. Flying with control helps me stay focused and awake long enough so that when the true crash hits, I'm tuckered and ready for sleep.

If anyone has any hints or tips, please do let me know.

thanks

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

You can always have a look on vroute.net to see is a position has been booked.

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Tyler Wood
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Torben Andersen said:

You can always have a look on vroute.net to see is a position has been booked.

For some reason not able to see current bookings - where would I go to do that?

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Download and install the vRoute App

Trevor Hannant

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

If you have an Android phone you can download and install vatalert, you enter your callsign and it will notify you when ATC comes online, or you are approaching an area where ATC is online, good tool if you are trying to do other tasks around the house while flying.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member