You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A text label problem

Kyle Weber

Kyle Weber
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I know this sounds kind of odd and I haven't found support mentioned elsewhere for it but loading up VRC I noticed the symbols for fixes, airports, and VORs seemed to somehow switch to accented symbols instead of their standard triangles, squares, etc. (See picture)

A fresh install of VRC yielded the same result and I'm confused since I haven't changed any computer settings or anything along those lines. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

vrcsymbolrm7.png

Kyle Weber

Minneapolis ARTCC, VATUSA, C3 / P2

Shawn Goldsworthy 925085
Posted
Posted

hmmm strange. Looks like a font issue for sure. Uninstall and re download VRC and reinstall (you may have downloaded a corrupted file the last time)

Shawn "SX" Goldsworthy

Retired ATM/ Staff Instructor

Los Angeles ARTCC

N123SX | xxx554

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi,

If you are using Win XP, then it is a font issue. It just hasn't been installed properly.

If you are running VISTA then it could be a display adapter problem. There have a few reports of this happening with VISTA especially with Intel chipsets. Give it some time and I'm sure there will be new drivers released.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Paul.

Man Hang Wong 974212
Posted
Posted

you may try removing the font "VRC Terminal" from Control Panel -> fonts (just press the delete button)

then reinstall VRC again

sig.png