You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Pre file flight plan questions

Othniel Alexandre

Othniel Alexandre
Posted
Posted

I typically do about 2-3 flights in a session of flying on VATSIM I have rarely used the pre-file option but plan to use it more frequently. I do have a couple questions:

1. How long is the pre-file valid for?

2. After connecting and completing a flight. If I pre-file the next flight plan, do I need to disconnect and reconnect to reassociate my id to the new plan? If yes, is there a wait time in between reconnects?

Thanks for your help.

Gary Williams
Posted
Posted

1. Two Hours.

2. I've not tried but I don't think so. In vPilot you just pull down the flight plan and check. You could even pre-file both flight plans as they'll have different flight numbers.

Othniel Alexandre
Posted
Posted

@Andreas FuchsYou mean filing two flight plans at once will not work right? But if I file the second one, via the website, after completion of the first flight, will it associate me to the second filing? Or rather the question is, how do I associate it to my login?

What are the correct steps to associate the second flight plan to my login once filed via the VATSIM website method?

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

the moment you end the flight you can file a new flight and it should update. best way is always to use a different callsign. for GA flights using the aircraft registration it is best to log off and log in again after you  have shut down.

Othniel Alexandre
Posted
Posted

OK. I will try that.

Thanks.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Yes you can prefile while still connected, just give it a minute or 2 after you park at the gate, we do this 45 times in one week during Worldflight. No need to disconnect, no need to change call signs.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I do multiple flights with the same callsign in the same session all the time.  But I file straight through the pilot client.  If nothing else, that way will work. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png