You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flightplan Prefile getting errors

Reece Arcinas

Reece Arcinas
Posted
Posted

For some reason when I try to prefile a flight plan, the flight plan does not file. I checked the console on my browser and errors started popping up. Somebody needs to fix this problem with the Prefile.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I can barely spell code, never mind commit the act, but in my experience, being more descriptive with respect to, at least, what errors you receive, is generally helpful.

Also, shot in the dark, because I don't know what errors you're getting, are you ensuring your flight plan in its entirety (e.g. all fields combined) is less than 768 characters?  Sometimes when leveraging programs like PFPX / Simbrief / etc. a lot of "garbage" is included in the comments field.  If your flight plan might be over 768 characters, that's often an easy place to look to start deleting "garbage" to reduce characters.

• Thanks 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Post the URL for the flight plan you are trying to file, then some one can look over the information you have entered.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Reece Arcinas
Posted
Posted

Update: I got this error when trying to use prefile

Event ID: 56da5f068b6e40809f4d46d7b53d03ae