You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Suggestion: keyboard shortcuts (especially for zooming)

• suggestion

Patryk Jezierski

Patryk Jezierski
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi!

tl;dr Please add keyboard shortcuts such as zoom in (NUM+) and zoom out (NUM-).

I'd like to suggest a feature, quite a simple one I believe, which is to add keyboard shortcuts. My mouse's scroll wheel is acting up I learned there's no ability to zoom in and out with the +/- keys on the numpad (nor those on the alphanumeric part of the keyboard). Maybe I've missed something? Is there any other way to zoom in/out apart from using the mouse? Well, zooming in can be done with the mouse; zooming out is the hard part.

Is it something that is being considered or maybe will be now? Perhaps there are more shortcuts that could be useful.

PS. I'd like to express my utmost appreciation to the creator of this application! I use it all the time while flying on VATSIM!

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Patryk Jezierski
shortened a bit

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

F11 and F12 zoom in and out.

You can also rotate the mouse wheel to zoom in/out. You can also draw a zoom box with click and drag, to zoom into the area contained in the box. If you hold the CTRL key while drawing a zoom box, it will zoom out.

• Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Patryk Jezierski
Posted
Posted

Oh, I haven't tried those keys. Clicking and dragging was known to me; the fact you can reverse it with CTRL was not. Thanks for explanation!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Patryk Jezierski said:

Clicking and dragging was known to me; the fact you can reverse it with CTRL was not.

Yeah, I really need to improve the documentation. :D

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC