You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not Connecting on Mac

Simon Aron

Simon Aron
Posted
Posted

I just downloaded XSquawkbox on my Mac and installed it, but I realized some problems: When I load a flight in X-Plane 11 and press "Plugins," I see XSquawkbox which makes me think that I downloaded it correctly. Then, when I press "Connect," all it says in the chat is "Connecting...," and when I press "Disconnect," it shows "Disconnected" in the chat which makes it seem that it never really connected. Then, when I try to load a flight plan, the "Send Flight plan..." button is greyed and can't be pressed. I know I could just make a flight plan on the VATSIM website, but it seems like it should work straight from the Xsquawkbox plugin. I attached an image which shows the Xsquawkbox plugin menu.

What do you think happened? Is there an article or video that could help? 

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 7.33.34 PM.png

Simon Aron
Posted
Posted

I just fixed it! I found a YouTube video which said to leave the port the same as the default when connecting. It worked, and now I have done my first few VFR flights, absolutely love VATSIM!

• 3 months later...
Ryan Karnik
Posted
Posted

I keep getting an error CID/password error. I'm gonna wait a day or so and try again. But Yeah it's weird... hopefully it works tomorrow. 

Tony Pucca
Posted
Posted

I'm getting an issue where I connect okay, Audio setup is okay, but I'm getting no audio from ATC and no PTT button (aka no mic operation.) All else seems working (text, Show Who's Online, etc.)  Been using VATSIM for a decade with no similar issues. Problem is recent. 

Using XPlane 11.55 and Mac OS X Mojave.