You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Selecting microphone device on xpilot disables sound

Hoi Fung Pong

Hoi Fung Pong
Posted
Posted (edited)

I recently switched from using a wired headset to using a Bluetooth headset. While I can hear audio in the simulator well, including engine noise and ATC chatter, I struggled to make both microphone and audio work.

When I select the microphone device to my Bluetooth headset, the audio stopped coming through, I have to revert to the build in microphone to get back the simulator audio, but by doing this ATC can barely hear me because my laptop is positioned quite far away from me.

The system worked fine when I was using a wired headset. Any insights to make both the microphone and audio work again?

My config is as below

Dell 7566 laptop, connected to external monitor through hdmi

windows 10

X-Plane 11

EDIT: The audio work fine while using other applications 

Edited by Hoi Fung Pong
Additional details

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

This may not be useful information, but, I see people with complaints about bluetooth headsets working on VATSIM pretty frequently here.  You might try a search on the specific word "bluetooth" for some more posts.  I don't know how good the guidance is going to be, though.  It might just be that you may need to revert to using your wired headset until whatever the issue is gets resolved.  The only reason I mention it is that I feel like "bluetooth" is the key fact that's related to the snag.  Best of luck!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png