You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to connect Voice due to error

Charan Kumar

Go to solution Solved by Robert Shearman Jr,

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Starting last Saturday (US Pacific time), I haven't been able to connect to voice, although I can connect to the network without issues. Initially I thought password error, but I don't see how I can connect to the network if that was the case. I am having this issue on both the pilot client as well as the atc client(s). 

xpilot error:

spacer.png

AFV error:

spacer.png

I was able to use voice on Friday last, with an ATC client. 

PS. I logged on with vatSys yesterday, and didn't see any messages in the error window or message window. But  I still don't know how to use the client well, so didn't see acft or have any acft on freq to test.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• Solution
Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If you are able to get onto the main (FSD) server but not the voice server, that usually means you have messed up the capitalization of one or more letters in your password.  The main (FSD) servers will ignore that (inexplicably -- it's an older protocol, and case-sensitive passwords have been the norm for some time now).  But the AFV server login (which is based on much more modern code) will kick out the connection attempt for what it sees (appropriately so) as an invalid password.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

If you are able to get onto the main (FSD) server but not the voice server, that usually means you have messed up the capitalization of one or more letters in your password.  The main (FSD) servers will ignore that (inexplicably -- it's an older protocol, and case-sensitive passwords have been the norm for some time now).  But the AFV server login (which is based on much more modern code) will kick out the connection attempt for what it sees (appropriately so) as an invalid password.  Hope that helps.

That is so weird. Did something change recently, because I haven't touched my passwords in setup, in ages. I know our websites started giving me an error last week and I went and fixed the case sensitive password, but that I thought it was because I had changed it during one of the logins, which I type more often. VRC, ES etc, haven't even looked into them. 

Thanks for the suggestion, that certainly fixed it.

PS. Well its working with the corrected case, but I ran into this issue sometime back where the password was incorrectly identified with the case, where the last 2 letters were same, but case was mixed up. Looks like this is now becoming consistent, so I need to use the one that works now in all areas. Anyway, issue resolved

Edited by Charan Kumar

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1