You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Where should i request for IFR clearance when there is no clearance ATC active?

Gergo Kaszas

Gergo Kaszas
Posted
Posted

Rookie question, but i want to be sure about it, before i make my first IFR flight.

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

Hi Gergo,

If no ATC is online, you would just depart without a clearance and follow a SID for your filed route. Once you get to pushing back, you need to go to UNICOM 122.800 and announce your intentions and movements and coordinate with other traffic around you. Hope this helps! 😄 

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Gergo Kaszas
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Nick Marinov said:

Hi Gergo,

If no ATC is online, you would just depart without a clearance and follow a SID for your filed route. Once you get to pushing back, you need to go to UNICOM 122.800 and announce your intentions and movements and coordinate with other traffic around you. Hope this helps! 😄 

Hi!
Thanks for the fast answer! I meant, that there is tower and ground control to. But there is no clearance frequency active. Then should i request IFR clearance on ground frequency?

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gergo Kaszas said:

Hi!
Thanks for the fast answer! I meant, that there is tower and ground control to. But there is no clearance frequency active. Then should i request IFR clearance on ground frequency?

Oh, got you. On VATSIM we operate on a topdown principle. This means that when a controller is not online, the next one takes over their responsibilities. The topdown order is DEL->GND->TWR->APP->CTR. So if DEL is not online, you go to GND. If GND is not online, you go to TWR etc.

• Thanks 1

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Gergo Kaszas
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Nick Marinov said:

Oh, got you. On VATSIM we operate on a topdown principle. This means that when a controller is not online, the next one takes over their responsibilities. The topdown order is DEL->GND->TWR->APP->CTR. So if DEL is not online, you go to GND. If GND is not online, you go to TWR etc.

Oh, yeah. Sorry i meant Delivery, not clearence.. 😄  And thank you for helping me!