You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Maybe stupid ?

Matthias Roschk

Matthias Roschk
Posted
Posted

Hello,

is it MAYBE anyhow possible to make the GSX Vehicles visible for other online user ? 🙂

Matthias

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

No way to do that. Only aircraft that are connected to VATSIM are visible to other users!

Tomas Hansson

Matthias Roschk
Posted
Posted

yes, i had this in mind....but it would be really nice ... 🙂

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It would require everyone's pilot client to constantly send position updates to the server for ALL ground vehicles it was creating -- then, everyone's pilot client ALSO to RECEIVE position updates for ALL other pilots' ground vehicles, place those vehicles in the sim, represent them properly, animate them properly, move them properly, etcetera.  Not everyone on VATSIM uses the same sim (we have people connecting with FS9, FSX, MSFS2020, XP10, XP11, various versions of P3D, and even FlightGear) so this functionality would need to be cross-platform.  And can you imagine the bandwidth AND framerate hit you'd take every time you got close to an airport? 

In other words: (a) it wouldn't be nearly as simple as you think, and (b) it'd be a huge "no thanks" from me. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

the upcoming position update frequency is already something that could hit users negativly during big events with a lot of AI. now add ground vehicles. it would be stutterfest for all. i dont really like that.

Matthias Roschk
Posted
Posted

yes, thats also right...