You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vatSpy Updated

Andrew Morkunas

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted (edited)

So with the latest data feed updates does vatSpy have an update?

Edited by Andrew Morkunas

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Hey Andrew,

you can download the latest version here:

https://vatspy.rosscarlson.dev/#download

On my end, it works totally fine

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that, things are moving too fast and I am not finding all the announcements.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you also, I had also an old version which did not work anymore, with the link above all is fine again 😀

What's about the link below? Is there also a new one? The planes and ATC do not appear anymore...

VATSIM map (vau.aero)

I had this map on my tablet during flights... if this map does not exist anymore which one would you recommend as a link from internet?

Thanks!!

Edited by Marc Sieffert

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Marc Sieffert said:

Thank you also, I had also an old version which did not work anymore, with the link above all is fine again 😀

What's about the link below? Is there also a new one? The planes and ATC do not appear anymore...

VATSIM map (vau.aero)

I had this map on my tablet during flights... if this map does not exist anymore which one would you recommend as a link from internet?

Thanks!!

The developer of vau.aero needs to update to the new datafeed. Once that is done, it will be restored. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Andrew Morkunas said:

So with the latest updates vatSpy falls into the legacy category.  Is it officially dead?

Andrew, just out of curiosity, what lead you to think that VAT-Spy was now in the legacy category? What latest updates are you referring to here?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

Sorry Ross, I was not keeping up with the flurry of updates.  One day all my apps that use the data feed stopped working.  I did not see an update for vatSpy.  Thank you for being ahead of the curve.  Updated and working now...

• Like 1

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

• Andrew Morkunas changed the title to vatSpy Updated
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Andrew Morkunas said:

Sorry Ross, I was not keeping up with the flurry of updates.  One day all my apps that use the data feed stopped working.  I did not see an update for vatSpy.  Thank you for being ahead of the curve.  Updated and working now...

Ahh, okay, thanks. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some incorrect information on a website somewhere.

• 6 months later...
Scott Menard
Posted
Posted

Ross,

Malwarebytes is warning me about your website when I attempt to download VATSPY.  image.thumb.png.99104f83d8b127fc23955d9b4e11ab33.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Though Ross can likely provide a better reply, and though I do not know Malwarebytes' specific, algorithms, here are my thoughts:

1.  I'm sure it's likely that Malwarebytes considers Ross' site a "relatively light traffic" site.

2.  Ross recently changed the URL for his VATSIM software, so that may have an effect as well

In case it's helpful, I've known Ross personally for 14 years and counting, can certainly vouch for his trustworthiness, and his track record donating thousands of hours of his time, developing great software, and giving it to us freely for the benefit of our community speaks volumes as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks Don! I don't think I can provide a better reply than that. :classic_biggrin:

I'll just say that it would be nice if Malwarebytes did a better job of explaining why they warn their users about downloading executable files. Calling VAT-Spy "suspicious" is very misleading. It would be better to say that it is relatively unknown, compared with downloads of popular games, productivity software (MS Office) and so on.