You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

website New Event overview

• events
  • feedback

Dominik Kiepke

Dominik Kiepke
Posted
Posted

Regarding the "shutdown" of the "Upcoming Events"-page: is the new https://my.vatsim.net/events - website the final form or just a temporary thing? Unfortunately, the new site still has a few flaws and is missing essential features, in my opinion (when not logged in to my.vatsim, but then its a similar view): 

• Website Responsiveness
    • On my monitor (27", so nothing out of the ordinary like a crazy 100" tv or so) I only have about 1/3 occupied with the box in the middle. Why not use the space? Because...
  • Clarity / Simplicity
    • In many entries, you only see what it is actually about after clicking on it and opening a new page. On the old page, you could see the time, event name and even part of the description including a small picture.
    • Like todays event: I can see "17:00 Welcome"... thats it
  • No consistent CI
    • The vatsim-homepage looks clearly different from this event page, and this page also looks different from the actual page on which the new event page should be located (https://my.vatsim.net/)

The old page was just like: Open: see all events on one view, no need to login from time to time... great!

I think the work of the vatsim team is great and I don't want to badmouth anything here, but give my constructive feedback 🙂

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Hi!

This is in no way a new and updated site, it is simply a temporary placeholder, as the legacy system we used for posting events to the vatsim.net website stopped working some time ago. Instead of displaying inaccurate information, we put up a temporary calendar view until we develop a new system.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to fix this soon!

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Dominik Kiepke
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

Hi!

This is in no way a new and updated site, it is simply a temporary placeholder, as the legacy system we used for posting events to the vatsim.net website stopped working some time ago. Instead of displaying inaccurate information, we put up a temporary calendar view until we develop a new system.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to fix this soon!

Ah okay, I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for the quick answer. Perhaps my points can be considered in the development 🙂

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dominik Tehvau said:

Ah okay, I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for the quick answer. Perhaps my points can be considered in the development 🙂

Stay tuned... I think you will be pleasantly surprised. 🙂

Thank you for the input either way, much appreciated!

Mats Edvin Aarø
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Kan være et bilde av kart og tekst som sier 'VATSIM events Today Welcome to HEL 12:00 15:00 EFHK Stuttgart Thursday EDDS 13:00 15:00 EDDS (EPWA_TWR] S2 Exam 13:00 15:00 EPWA Alpine Crossing 13:00 LSGG LFMN Tomorrow Friday Fly-in -Kaitaia 05:00 NZKT'

NOTE: This is a work-in-progress, and the screenshot may not reflect the final look of the event page.

• Thanks 1

Mats Edvin Aarø
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

would be nice to have CPT highlighted in a different color. same perhaps for VA events held on vatsim.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

would be nice to have CPT highlighted in a different color. same perhaps for VA events held on vatsim.

it's still a WIP, and does not reflect the final website. 

Mats Edvin Aarø
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

it's still a WIP, and does not reflect the final website. 

i know just a polite feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dominik Kiepke
Posted
Posted

Looks very nice, looking forward for the release 🙂