You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using of Hoppie ?

Matthias Roschk

Matthias Roschk
Posted
Posted

Hello,

how many Controllers are using Hoppie Acars for CPDLC Communication ( if they do ) ?

Matthias

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

In Europe it is quite common. Outside of Europe not really. The only plugins providing hoppie interaction are for euroscope which significantly limits in client based interfaces. If it is active they should report in their controller atis. However since other networks also make use of hoppie it can be a bit more difficult to know if you only look at the hoppie acars log or in an addon.

Matthias Roschk
Posted
Posted

Ok, so ( as i am still a bit new on VATSIM ) what did theControllers report in the ATIS if they use Hoppie and
what must i Remark in the Flightplan to tell the Controllers, that i am able to receive CPDLC Clearance via Hoppie ?

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

You don’t need to put anything if your remarks cause it is already present in the icao aircraft string when it comes to equipment codes. Controllers will put in  something like cpdlc: LOVV for example or logon LOVV. Best thing as a pilot is just to say cpdlc capable and send a request to the logon code. With any luck you get accepted and instructions will come through cpdlc.

Matthias Roschk
Posted
Posted

ahh, ok.

i will try next time, thanks a lot

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Controllers usually put the CPDLC Log-On code inside their information box, like VHHK in my case

unbenanntaxk5m.png

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Matthias Roschk
Posted
Posted

Ahh, ok...thanks a lot !!