You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Metric Level

Hongye Rudi Zhang

Hongye Rudi Zhang
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is it possible to add metric level in both vpilot and xpilot? According to ICAO's flight plan, the metric level should be S1040 (F341). Just like swift, you can submit the metric level and the metric speed in km/h K0926

Edited by Hongye Zhang

Hongye Rudi Zhang
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

I thought that ATC in China cannot really use this due to limitations in the Radar client. Has this changed?

actually our plug-in could identified it. This is not a big problem for practical control. We accept both F341 or S1040. S1040 yes but not 1040. if you type 1040 then it will be FL1040 or 1040 ft. only start with S

Edited by Hongye Zhang

Hongye Rudi Zhang
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

During my last flight in China I filed in meters and was told that they had a problem reading this information.

Will user meters next time.

ATC has no right to reject a "standard" ICAO format flight plan. If your format is SXXXX, DEL has no right to refuse unless the direction is wrong. If it is only XXXX, there is no S. That is the wrong format.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

No, my plan was not rejected, they only told me to better file CVSM levels in feet, because they wanted to use speed in knots and the levels in meters, but this is not possible in Euroscope, when switching from the Imperial system to the metric system. This was about 1 year ago, since then I always filed Chinese levels in feet. No problem for me, I use swift.

Hongye Rudi Zhang
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

No, my plan was not rejected, they only told me to better file CVSM levels in feet, because they wanted to use speed in knots and the levels in meters, but this is not possible in Euroscope, when switching from the Imperial system to the metric system. This was about 1 year ago, since then I always filed Chinese levels in feet. No problem for me, I use swift.

It was indeed happend a year ago, but we recently remade the plugin. This problem will never happen again. If the controller feels that SXXXX is unavailable, he needs to modify it himself instead of letting the pilot modify it. The controller cannot refuse a correct ICAO format altitude.

Edited by Hongye Zhang
  • Thanks 1