You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

internal library error 20

Richard Watson

Richard Watson
Posted
Posted

Please Help!
Nothing I have done to ameliorate this constant voice server disconnecting, Internal library error 20, from recurring has worked.  Firewall changes, run as Admin, even adding port forwarding (yes, I have complete control of my router) has made a difference.

This is a typical sequence:

[22:30:15] Connected to voice server.
[22:31:17] Disconnected from voice server. Reason: Internal library error 20
[22:31:21] Disconnected from network.

and again...

[22:31:23] Connecting to network...
[22:31:23] Connected to network.
[22:31:23] SERVER: Welcome to VATSIM! Need help getting started? Visit https://vats.im/plc for excellent resources.
[22:31:23] SERVER: Seasoned member? Check out current and upcoming events at https://vats.im/events
[22:31:23] SERVER: For the latest community and network updates visit our website or connect with us on Discord https://vats.im/community
[22:31:23] SERVER: Thanks for being a part of the community and enjoy your session!
[22:31:24] Connected to voice server.
[22:31:49] Disconnected from voice server. Reason: Internal library error 20

Ad infinitum.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the latest downloaded version 2.8

Any advice, even more troubleshooting trial-and-error would be welcome.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Richard, I have split this into its own topic, as your issue is not related to the issue reported in the thread that you originally replied to.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Richard Watson
Posted
Posted (edited)

It has been 4 days and this behavior is consistent.

TYPICAL SCENARIO

1. Connected to Sim
  2. Connected to Voice
  3. COM1 and COM2 tuned to valid frequencies (usually COM1 = CTL Center, COM2 = 122.800)
  4. COM1 receiving; COM2 mute

ERROR OCCURS WHEN...

1. Nothing coming over COM1 for a few seconds or > 1 minute
  2. I do not TX (just listening)
  3. Controller issues instructions to Pilot X; Response(s) from Pilot X
  4. 1 or 2 of these exchanges can be clearly heard, then...
  5. Disconnected from voice server. Reason: Internal library error 20

SPECS

Wi-Fi

Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)
    Connection type:    802.11ax

Edited by Richard Watson
Adding SPECS

• 1 month later...
Richard Watson
Posted
Posted

Well, it has been 2 months since posting this issue, and nobody has replied.  Perhaps my problem is entirely unique?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The only other unexplained Pilot Client error thread I recall seeing lately was this one, but it doesn't sound like the same symptom:

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 3 weeks later...
Robert Adam
Posted
Posted

@Richard Watson: have you found a solution (or at least and explanation) for this? My XPilot started doing this today for no apparent reason. I had upgraded to Windows 11 last week, but I did a few successful flights since then, so I don't believe W11 is the culprit. I reinstalled the software to no avail. Firewall rules are open, network config is the same as before.

Richard Watson
Posted
Posted

I have not been on VATSIM for a few weeks, and so have not tested any new config.  Recently, though, I have invested in a new gaming platform and it is running MSFS very well; now I need/want to dip my toes back into VATSIM and see how the new hardware works with vPilot.  I'm going to start testing with no changes to the last config and see what happens.  I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Brad Patel
Posted
Posted

Any updates here? I had this problem earlier this year which seemed to resolve spontaneously - or at least I couldn't figure out what I did to fix it. Now have been running Windows 11 as well as the second hot fix and I'm getting the internal library error 20 consistently. Anyone have fixes or thoughts?

• Like 1

Richard Watson
Posted
Posted

Yes, this problem is not recurring for me.  I still do not know why it was occurring, but I have a theory.

The issue disappeared and did not come back after I switched computers.
I now have a "gaming machine" with high-end specs:

• i9-11900KF @ 5GHz (overclocked)
  • Nvidia RTX 3070 graphics card
  • etc.

Theory: power drops killed my wireless headset and subsequently my VATSIM connectivity.

The issue was occurring on my laptop (albeit a powerful one too), but the power supply was failing.
The battery needed replacing and the power input [charging port] needed replacing too.
Many times there would be power fluctuations on the motherboard and huge unmitigated heat
spikes that literally killed performance.  My theory is that this failing hardware contributed to
the overall issue.

Zachary Pennebaker
Posted
Posted

@Brad Patel Did you ever get this figured out? I've been experiencing this issue all of a sudden as well, and I'm also on windows 11. It happens so frequently I can't even fly on vatsim with all the disconnects and reconnects.

Brad Patel
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Zachary Pennebaker said:

@Brad Patel Did you ever get this figured out? I've been experiencing this issue all of a sudden as well, and I'm also on windows 11. It happens so frequently I can't even fly on vatsim with all the disconnects and reconnects.

No progress here. Problem continues. 

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Looks like this error is raised when the receiving audio task can't be run. Do you maybe have some antivirus that may be blocking it or killing it?

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

Hendrick LING
Posted
Posted
On 8/16/2021 at 10:30 AM, Zachary Pennebaker said:

I have this issue since upgraded to Windows 11, no solution...

Zachary Pennebaker
Posted
Posted
On 8/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Nestor Perez said:

Looks like this error is raised when the receiving audio task can't be run. Do you maybe have some antivirus that may be blocking it or killing it?

No, I tried again after disabling all antivirus and firewalls and this was still happening. It seems to be every time someone else goes to respond by voice to the ATC, it disconnects.

Richard Watson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Zachary Pennebaker said:

No, I tried again after disabling all antivirus and firewalls and this was still happening. It seems to be every time someone else goes to respond by voice to the ATC, it disconnects.

Everytime someone else speaks, that would happen to me too.  You could hear, what I'll call "an initial exchange" between ATC and Pilot(s), then a short pause, then another response, then... disconnect with error.

Brad Patel
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Richard Watson said:

Everytime someone else speaks, that would happen to me too.  You could hear, what I'll call "an initial exchange" between ATC and Pilot(s), then a short pause, then another response, then... disconnect with error.

Yeppers. Have had that too - feels hopeful and then errors. 

Hendrick LING
Posted
Posted
On 8/18/2021 at 9:58 PM, Richard Watson said:

Are you using Windows 11? I think it probably becoz of network problem, I did network reset inside the windows setting, and no issue today. Gonna keep testing it. 

Robert Adam
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2021 at 12:24 AM, Hendrick LING said:

Are you using Windows 11? I think it probably becoz of network problem, I did network reset inside the windows setting, and no issue today. Gonna keep testing it. 

I just tried that on my Win11 partition. Plus a complete removal and reinstall of XPilot. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue. The only fix I was able to find (2 months ago) was to go back to Win10. It works perfectly there. I was hoping that the updates & fixes done to W11 in the last couple months would have prevented whatever is causing this, but I guess not.

Edited by Robert Adam

Hendrick LING
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Robert Adam said:

I just tried that on my Win11 partition. Plus a complete removal and reinstall of XPilot. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue. The only fix I was able to find (2 months ago) was to go back to Win10. It works perfectly there. I was hoping that the updates & fixes done to W11 in the last couple months would have prevented whatever is causing this, but I guess not.

I tried it few days already, I think it fixed for me, I don't have the issue at all.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Alright, lets try and debug this issue. For those of you that are experiencing this regularly, please follow these steps:

1. Create a file named "Nlog.config" in the same directory that you have your preferred client installed (Audio for VATSIM, xPilot or vPilot).

2. Edit the file you just created with your preferred text editor and paste the following content inside: https://hastebin.com/ruvibikume.xml

3. Use the client as you normally would until you get the error.

4. When you get the error, open the directory in which your client is installed and send us the log which should be available in the "logs" folder. You can upload its content to a site like https://hastebin.com and then share the link with us after clicking save.

5. Delete the "Nlog.config" file which you created in step 1 to avoid an evergrowing logfile.

That's it, thank you for your help!

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

Richard Watson
Posted
Posted

Nestor, thanks for the debugging framework/tips.  If the problem recurs with my setup I will immediately start the debug logging.

Brad Patel
Posted
Posted
On 8/27/2021 at 6:56 AM, Nestor Perez said:

Alright, lets try and debug this issue. For those of you that are experiencing this regularly, please follow these steps:

1. Create a file named "Nlog.config" in the same directory that you have your preferred client installed (Audio for VATSIM, xPilot or vPilot).

2. Edit the file you just created with your preferred text editor and paste the following content inside: https://hastebin.com/ruvibikume.xml

3. Use the client as you normally would until you get the error.

4. When you get the error, open the directory in which your client is installed and send us the log which should be available in the "logs" folder. You can upload its content to a site like https://hastebin.com and then share the link with us after clicking save.

5. Delete the "Nlog.config" file which you created in step 1 to avoid an evergrowing logfile.

That's it, thank you for your help!

Emailed a log over to you Nestor. If there's someone else I should send it to lmk. Thanks!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Received, thanks!

Me.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

This issue should now been fixed in the Audio for VATSIM code. Now it's up to client developers when they decide to push an update for each of their clients 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Me.

Ankur Boruah
Posted
Posted

Just had the exact same error after switching to Win 11. I guess we wait for the clients devs to give us update now? Or is there anything else that we can do?