You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VAT-Spy Window Stuck Off Screen

Eric Dziura

Eric Dziura
Posted
Posted

Last time I ran VS it was with 3 monitors (extended desktop mode) with VS displayed on the left (as in left-center-right) monitor.

I have switched to 1 monitor but when I run VS it will only appear on the monitor with the VS window in Full-Screen mode. In windowed mode it is not visible.

I have tried all the methods of forcing a window to appear on the desktop but VS is stubborn and refuses to be accessible using these methods.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled; no change.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Edit your VATSpyConfig.xml file and change the X and Y values in the following section to both be zero:

<LastWindowLocation>
    <X>1050</X>
    <Y>0</Y>
  </LastWindowLocation>

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Eric Dziura
Posted
Posted

Gee, Ross, what took you so long to respond 🙂

Figured it was something like this; looked for the config file in the program directory; forgot that it might be in app data.

Many thanks, and thanks for keeping this utility up to date, I use it every time I fly.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Eric Dziura said:

Many thanks, and thanks for keeping this utility up to date, I use it every time I fly.

You're very welcome. I think for the next update, I'll have VAT-Spy check to be sure the saved location is actually still valid, and if not, it'll move it to your primary window. I do this in some of my ATC clients, and it has always worked well when users remove a monitor that they previously used for the ATC client window.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC