You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Errors (in MyVatsim, CommunityVatsim, vPilot) after completing new member orientation exam

Deanna Cooney

Deanna Cooney
Posted
Posted

Last weekend (7 days ago, so well over 24 hours) i went through the New Member Orientation (all 4 parts) and completed the exam.

lessons.PNG.59bf98816eca842b6acfc91d6113d174.PNG

When i submitted the exam it took a very long time for the next page to load and i was presented with a timeout error. However when i went to the My Exams section in MyVatsim i can see the completed exam, leaving me to think was successful.

589633889_examcompleted.PNG.1f110e5116321ed8e0eea7e115792fda.PNG

However now i'm having some problems. When i log into MyVatsim i'm still present with a pop-up reminder to complete the new member orientation. I've tried logging out and back in several times and this does not change the behavior.

793719933_remindertocomplete.PNG.3f514de510676d97c6fcab62a9fe2dd5.PNG

At the top of the page there is also a banner that reminds me to complete the new member orientation.

banner.thumb.PNG.34e4043064e0377efaa7e10f067dd3c6.PNG

In the Pilot Training section it has a "Before you fly on the network, you'll need to complete the New Member rating." section and says i don't currently have a rating however i can't find anything about a "new member rating" anywhere - i'm assuming this is again the new member orientation.

2105886698_shouldthisbeupdated.thumb.PNG.624f9a0071deed3832a52c88e0ece9c8.PNG

Separate from MyVatsim, i can't connect to the discord. The first time i went to community.vatsim.net i logged in and had to authorize access to MyVatsim and after that the "Get Started" page loaded again. If i go back to community.vatsim.net and click on "Get Started" it just reloads the page. If i do this in a private/incognito window then it does ask me to log in again but then presents the same behavior.

1281679459_getstartedreloadspage.thumb.PNG.59ab74e24f535820ae6e74eb6ebdb447.PNG

If i go to community.vatsim.net/servers the Servers, Joined and Settings pages show nothing. Clicking "Log Out" sends me back to the home page where again clicking "Get Started" does nothing.

community.thumb.PNG.2d95ec2ffa49cd56a42ecbbc884783c8.PNG

Additionally i can't connect on vPilot. It says i have an invalid CID/password but i've retyped it several times (not copy/pasting) and i can't imagine i'm that bad at retyping a handful of letters and numbers, with the correct capitalization.

122155650_vpilotnotconnecting.thumb.PNG.23b0c267fd4d286566ee0beefc305106.PNG

I suspect that since there was a timeout, MyVatsim doesn't fully understand i've completed the exam and CommunityVatsim and vPilot don't appear to think i exist, that when i submitted the exam it logged the result of it but didn't sync that with the distributed servers - just a hunch though.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I've tried logging into MyVatsim and CommunityVatsim in FireFox and Chrome both in a normal and private/incognito window without any success.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Hi!

Looking at our servers, you are indeed marked as not having completed the exam. This is likely a server glitch, and I have notified tech staff to take a look at your case. They will be in contact shortly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience you’re experiencing, and look forward to getting you up and running!

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Deanna Cooney
Posted
Posted

Hey @Mats Edvin Aaro, thanks for taking a peak and notifying the tech staff. I haven't heard anything yet, are you able to see if they've looked at it yet? Should i open a ticket with support (https://support.vatsim.net/)?

Thanks in advance,
Deanna

Removed
Posted
Posted

Hello Deanna and welcome to VATSIM!

This does seem to be a tech glitch and I was able to separately confirm that you passed the P0 exam with flying colors. Well done!

I have activated your account.

Should you encounter difficulties connecting to VATSIM or using any of the VATSIM web services, please reach out to the Membership Department by opening a ticket at https://support.vatsim.net/.

Deanna Cooney
Posted
Posted

Thanks @Michael Mund-Hoym! I can see my new member rating in MyVatsim and successfully connected to the Discord and vPilot! Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Cris Reed
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2021 at 3:33 PM, Michael Mund-Hoym said:

Hello Deanna and welcome to VATSIM!

This does seem to be a tech glitch and I was able to separately confirm that you passed the P0 exam with flying colors. Well done!

I have activated your account.

Should you encounter difficulties connecting to VATSIM or using any of the VATSIM web services, please reach out to the Membership Department by opening a ticket at https://support.vatsim.net/.

im having all these same issues? i put in a ticket 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Entering a support ticket was the right thing to do.  It's now been answered, and your account is now active.  The issue was some sort of technical glitch that, although you did indeed pass your exam, the "switch" was not flipped to recognize that and activate your account.  Sorry for the troubles!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Antonio Cangemi
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm having the same error, I probably opened a thread in the wrong area, sorry!

I tried to put in a ticket, but unfortunately I can't because of the following error:
image.png.259304549b9df7447fedb538902e20

Thank you very much!