You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can’t see live traffic on xSquawkBox

Marnix Pavelu

Marnix Pavelu
Posted
Posted

I am a Mac user, X-Plane (metal) and can’t see any live traffic when logged onto Vatsim using xSquawkBox.

I tried Swift but I only see tail labels and no actual physical planes.

can anyone help?

thanks

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

You need to install model matching (Bluebell CSL). If I were to give you some advice, download the xPilot pilot client instead. During the setup, it will automatically install the model matching for you. Additionally it has a new EQ upgrade and a much nicer GUI. 

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Marnix Pavelu
Posted
Posted

Hi Mats, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I only have a Mac and not PC. xPilot only operates on PC from what I can see.

So is my only option swift? I have great trouble understanding the Swift GUI and installing it! Do you have any advice regarding installation of swift? 
Also where do I download Bluebell csl? 

Connor Faulder
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Marnix Pavelu said:

I am a Mac user, X-Plane (metal) and can’t see any live traffic when logged onto Vatsim using xSquawkBox.

I tried Swift but I only see tail labels and no actual physical planes.

can anyone help?

thanks

XSquawkBox is not currently compatible with Metal. You need to use OpenGL rendering to see other aircraft.

If you don't currently have any CSL packages like @Mats Edvin Aaro referred to (the aircraft models that appear for other users' aircraft), the Bluebell package is available on the X-Plane.org forum.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

It seems like swift is your only option for use with Metal. The symptom that you have described looks like the xsquawkbox plugin is still active in X-Plane's Plugins directory. Move it out of there or deactivate it through xOrganizer. Deactivating it through X-Plane's built-in Plugins Manager is not sufficient.

https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=xplane_gear_always_up_animations_not_working

If this does not resolve your problem, make sure you build your "Active Model Set" correctly:

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Marnix Pavelu
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much!! I will try that tonight. Really appreciate your help.

Marnix Pavelu
Posted
Posted

I downloaded Swift on my Mac for X-Plane and installed BB CSL. It works great but some planes I can’t see particularly A333?

any ideas why I don’t see the A333? I did verify that I have the BB CSL.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi,

where exactly did you install your BB CSL ? Did you do it according to our suggestions? https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=xplane_models#recommended_installation_practices

How did you build your "Active Model Set"? Through swiftData (Mapping Editor) as described in the tutorial video linked above?

Marnix Pavelu
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas, yes I did follow and download the BB CSL and also watched the Tutorial. I am not seeing A330 A320 and some other airbus. Do you have any idea why?

Marnix Pavelu
Posted
Posted

Further to my previous reply, the ones I can see only the tail ID and not the actual

pkane seem not to map correctly to a BB CSL, they simply map to CSL OBJ8?

Marnix Pavelu
Posted
Posted

Actually, all sorted. I think some aircraft dont render but I can manually force it. Swift is very sophisticated and has lots of features.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

All BB-aircraft should render correctly. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest update of BlueBell. Wipe out the older BB-models completely, install the new ones, there have been some important updates. If you have downloaded and installed these CSL only a few weeks ago, you should be fine, but maybe the archives were extracted incorrectly.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37041-bluebell-obj8-csl-packages/

Marnix Pavelu
Posted
Posted

I definitely did use the latest CSL. I may go through and delete everything and try again to make sure. Thanks very much for your assistance.