You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

'' Radio sound effect ''

Andrea Tatini

Andrea Tatini
Posted
Posted

Hello!!  

Before when I pass my message trought the mic, I can hear immedialtely  right after the '' voice radio effect ''; but now I can hear this special sound just when others are talking or when the ATC speaks to me is it normal ? ... so I can't hear this '' effect '' while I m talking ..

I try to see my setting and this '' radio effect '' is ON !

Any advice ?? Tks a lot 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If you are talking about the short burst of static sound, that has nothing to do with voice transmission.  It is played when a pilot or controller sends a text transmission over the frequency.  You should see that transmission pop up in the main pilot client window.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Andrea Tatini
Posted
Posted

Hi !! I m talking about the  ''radio effect'' that y can hear when y talk trought the mic.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

You are not supposed to hear yourself talking on the radio, so that seems strange. Are you sure you didn't tune both radios to the same frequency? In that case you might hear yourself. Not in any other cases.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Andrea Tatini
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

You are not supposed to hear yourself talking on the radio, so that seems strange. Are you sure you didn't tune both radios to the same frequency? In that case you might hear yourself. Not in any other cases.

... sorry .. but I can't explain myself.

When I am connected with an ATC frequency, at the end of my conversation trought the mic, I no longer hear the '' real radio effect '' that sound of radio of '' trasmission '' : Instead I hear the '' radio effect '' sound when other pilots, also tuned to the same frequency, speak with the same ATC.
Is it normal or do I have some wrong setting?

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Do you mean the short "click" sound, or what? Just to clarify what your problem actually is. Maybe you could provide an audio clip of some sort?

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It is normal that you should hear nothing when you are the one transmitting. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png