You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim in VR with Oculus Rift headset

Christian Ziegler

Christian Ziegler
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I want fly online under VR with using my Oculus Rift s VR headset and want to use xPilot accordingly. Does anybody knows how to get this possible?

Additionally I want to map one button of one of my controllers for "push to talk".

Would be great if someone could help here.

Thanks

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I don't know anything about virtual reality, but the settings for push-to-talk can be found both in the settings under the separate xPilot app itself, or you can map a push-to-talk to xPilot in X-Plane's own joystick mapping options. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Christian Ziegler
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

I don't know anything about virtual reality, but the settings for push-to-talk can be found both in the settings under the separate xPilot app itself, or you can map a push-to-talk to xPilot in X-Plane's own joystick mapping options. 

The issue which I have is , that in the xPilot settings the button on my controller can´t be recognized. In the x-Plane own joystick mapping it isn´t working either due to the VR headset isn´t recognized as a separate tool like yoke in example or pedals....

Just found an option to map my controller with steam VR advanced settings in which it is possible to map the trigger button for PTT. Doe you know whether I can try this out somewhere? 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If you mean to try it out on the network to see if it's working, you can do that anywhere by setting COM1 and COM2 to the same frequency, and making sure you have both set to monitor.  When you transmit, you'll hear yourself with a slight delay.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Christian Ziegler
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

If you mean to try it out on the network to see if it's working, you can do that anywhere by setting COM1 and COM2 to the same frequency, and making sure you have both set to monitor.  When you transmit, you'll hear yourself with a slight delay.

Ah ok. Thanks for the hint. I´ll try this ....

Christian Ziegler
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Christian Ziegler said:

Ah ok. Thanks for the hint. I´ll try this ....

Hey Robert,

after all is installed as it should I was trying your suggestion and all is working fine. Many thanks for your support

• Like 1