You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I don't see my time airborne in SimAware and is not reflected on my profile.

Marcelo Farah

Marcelo Farah
Posted
Posted

Hi, everybody I'm new to vatsim. I've joined on  April,19th 2001.

I've made my first flight that day and i've found my flight hours reflected on my profile. (1.22). The flight was from my base airport (SABE) to SAZM, there was ATC at SABE.

Two days later, I've made three hour flight (UBBB-UMMS) and flight hours does not appear on my profile.

Today, I'm doing my 3rd flight and I've noticed SimAware show me online but in time online says 0h 0m, even thouh it shows "enroute".

When I check statistics my flights are shown.

How does vatsim compute time online? Is it online taken into account when there is ATC? How does it work?

I'm using X-Plane 11.53, window 10, and xPilot 1.3.38.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards.

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-23 203858.jpg

Mike Teague
Posted
Posted

simaware is not an official vatsim site you would have to ask the simaware people

that said, simaware seems to be tracking my current flight just fine

Marcelo Farah
Posted
Posted

Ok I know that simaware is not an official vatsim site, but my problem was in my profile also, which is an official vatsim site, and was different from what I saw in statistics. Now my profile is updated.

So How does this work? In statistics you see one thing and another different in my profile.

Thanks

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The VATSIM data feeds, which drive all of the external mapping apps, have been flaky lately.  So any stats based on those feeds are bound to be missing some flights. 

Official stats are at stats.vatsim.net

• Thanks 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Maius Wong
Posted
Posted

Hi Marcelo,

I am the developer of SimAware.  Rob is correct - the website depends completely on the reliability of the data feed.  If the feed is interrupted, the server cannot refresh the data and the website would be frozen in time.

• Like 1

Maius Wong
Webmaster
Minneapolis ARTCC
Developer simaware.ca / map.vatsim.net

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
On 5/2/2021 at 5:48 AM, Marcelo Farah said:

but my problem was in my profile also,

Which profile? 

The only official VATSIM profile is my.vatsim.net stats are updated on there when you disconnect its not live.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

• 2 weeks later...
Marcelo Farah
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2021 at 11:17 PM, Kirk Christie said:

Which profile? 

The only official VATSIM profile is my.vatsim.net stats are updated on there when you disconnect its not live.

Fyi. When mentioned my profile I meant my.vatsim.net. At the bottom of the page there is an item that shows your flight hours as a pilot and as a controller. When I originally asked the flight hours in my.vatsim.net didn't match the ones in stats.vatsim.net but don't worry now is updated.

Time Online (Total)

Time Online as a Pilot - 35.29 Hours

Time Online as a Controller (ATC) - 0 Hours

Edited by Marcelo Farah