You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PTT using keyboard AND joystick

Ulrich Karp

Ulrich Karp
Posted
Posted

I have used the left CTRL key as PTT for vPilot for years now.

But I can remember that I was also able to transmit by using one of the buttons of my CH Flightstick which I had configured via FSUIPC -> "buttons&switches"->"PTT Transmit On (SB3,RW,AFC)".
But somehow that does not work anymore.

Also it's not possible to use FSUIPC's "Press the key(s) to be sent", as the CTRL key is not detected.

I wonder if there any workaround other than select a diffent PTT key or use alone the joystick button ?

Pierre Rieu
Posted
Posted

I'm a new user to Vatsim and have installed everything. I can connect to the network, can even hear atc. So all of that seams to be ok. I've attached a leobodnar card to the sim and button 16 is configured as PTT. It is recognized by Vatsim but it doesn't respond to it. Seems to be the same problem you have Ulrich. So probably I'm looking for the same answer. Thanks already. ps: I've tried a random keyboard key but even that doesn't work. 

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Ulrich Karp said:

I have used the left CTRL key as PTT for vPilot for years now.

But I can remember that I was also able to transmit by using one of the buttons of my CH Flightstick which I had configured via FSUIPC -> "buttons&switches"->"PTT Transmit On (SB3,RW,AFC)".
But somehow that does not work anymore.

Also it's not possible to use FSUIPC's "Press the key(s) to be sent", as the CTRL key is not detected.

I wonder if there any workaround other than select a diffent PTT key or use alone the joystick button ?

You can have Ctrl+null if you edit the INI file assignment, In FSUIPC do something like Ctrl+A. Then look for the assignment with 65 as the key (65 = 'A') and changed the 65 to 0

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Alternatively, you can set vPilot, for example, with a PTT button of say, F12 and then use FSUIPC to set whatever button you want on your flightstick to send a button press of F12 to FSX.    Then either the keyboard or flightstick can be used to send a PTT.

Ulrich Karp
Posted
Posted
On 4/26/2021 at 9:44 AM, Andrew McCabe said:

Alternatively, you can set vPilot, for example, with a PTT button of say, F12 and then use FSUIPC to set whatever button you want on your flightstick to send a button press of F12 to FSX.    Then either the keyboard or flightstick can be used to send a PTT.

Thanks, that is what I have tried with the left CTRL key, but this one ist not recognized.

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Yes that is correct Ulrich.   vPilot will accept left CTRL, but as you have discovered FSUIPC will not.  That's why I ended up using F12.  You can set it to any key permitted to FSUIPC, but you will need to deactivate any other action that key press is used for.  I found that F12 was the least problematic for me.

• Thanks 1