You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VatView mobile VATSIM tracker app

Oren Geva

Oren Geva
Posted
Posted

I all,

I have posted this a few days on the discord channel, but here goes.

I would like to introduce a mobile app that I made called VatView.

VatView is a mobile app for Android and iOS that allows flight simulation enthusiasts to track ATC presence and flight information on the VATSIM network.

While it has many of what the other tracker/map apps have, I tried to make it useful for in flight use, especially for getting the frequencies and ATIS messages without leaving the sim.

I will add weather, tracking, and have a list of other improvements - though feel free to suggest whatever is on you mind.

I hope you do give it a try and share your feedback!

Grab it at the Apple play store or Google Play.

Thanks!

Oren Geva

Here are few sample screenshots:

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 2.20.54.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 2.25.09.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 2.57.04.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 2.58.34.png

• Like 1

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Looks good!  I would like it if the staffed airports would be labeled on the map (i.e. with its ICAO code next to the Tower icon) but otherwise it's a nice interface. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Diego Assis Rezende Rodrigues
Posted
Posted

👏👏👏👏👏

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted

Fantastic app!! One suggestion,  now when you click on a aircraft,  you get the data and the map draws the flight route. But when you click off the aircraft,  it properly hides the aircraft data tag but it keeps the flight route displayed on the map. Only clicking on another aircraft will delete it. 

Eric

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Congratulations on a great and extremely useful well presented application.

I agree with Eric the ‘tap off’ seems to be clunky.  I played with it and seems to do different things at different times.  It’s good if you click another aircraft, but trying to toggle one aircraft is weird.

love the fact you have been able to grab the ATIS details.  So many of the apps I have used of the years lost their feed on this item and has made it hard to plan.  Well done.

If you get actual weather, you are the best on the planet.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
Oren Geva
Posted
Posted

Thanks, 

Tapping the aircraft again now removes the lines. 

If you have a better idea, please share, I have to work within the limits of a mobile app. 

I am contemplating the idea of a web service as well, since the code behind it is already written. I am just not sure there is a need for it, given that vatspy and simaware (and others) do a good job.