You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot crashing when trying to set PTT button

Zack Cox

Zack Cox
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help?

I'm trying to set my PTT button in vPilot, but when pressing a button to set PTT to, vPilot stops responding and it has to close. I've tried re-installing vPilot, this including PC restarts. I've also tried running in Administrator Mode, this also has no effect. I've tried setting different buttons on the keyboard and also have tried setting buttons on the joystick. I've also tried unplugging the joystick and trying to set a PTT button. This again including PC restarts with no effect. 

I'm unsure of what else to try, could anyone give me some advice if they have come across the same issue?

Thanks in advance guys,

Zack

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Have you tried unplugging ALL USB devices (except mouse and keyboard) and then rebooting the PC, and then running vPilot and setting a PTT key on the keyboard? This would be to rule out some USB device that vPilot cannot read from.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Zack Cox
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Thanks for replying so quickly, much appreciated. After doing as you suggested, I was able to set a PTT button on my keyboard. I plugged back in my headset which did not affect PTT settings. I did find however when I plugged back in my rudder pedals (USB), the problem came back. Therefore I can confirm it must have been due to my rudder pedals being plugged in.

Regardless, the PTT button setting has remained after plugging back in my pedals and the PTT function is still working.

Many thanks again for your suggestion, very much appreciated.

Zack

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What kind of rudder pedals do you have?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Zack Cox
Posted
Posted

Apologies for the delay in replying,

I have the Thrustmaster TFRP's.