You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What callsign for BBJ aircraft? | Whats Prime Air callsign/icao?

Gavin Gullett

Gavin Gullett
Posted
Posted

Well the title is pretty self explanatory, for boeing business jets should I use a GA callsign like for example; N567DD or some specific callsign for BBJ.  Second question is if I wanted to fly amazon prime air in the 737 what callsign/ICAO should I use.. Iv'e seen the SOO (Southern Air) contract , and the ABR (ASL Airlines Ireland) one and they use the prime air livery on vatsim. but I've also seen AIR(Air transport) used. Is there an international carrier or something for prime air so I dont have to just fly in Ireland or southern USA if i want to be the  amazon livery?  :)   Thx In advance.

Justin Blakey
Posted
Posted

Tail number is fine for BBJs. You could also use an anonymous callsign such as DCMXXXX ("Dotcom"). This is what many business jets file under IRL.

Prime Air 737s are operated by Southern Air, Sun Country, and ASL Ireland. In real life they all use one of those callsigns depending on which company is operating the flight. If you wanted to replicate a specific one, sites like Flightaware and Flightradar24 are good for finding them.

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Justin Blakey said:

Tail number is fine for BBJs. You could also use an anonymous callsign such as DCMXXXX ("Dotcom"). This is what many business jets file under IRL.

Prime Air 737s are operated by Southern Air, Sun Country, and ASL Ireland. In real life they all use one of those callsigns depending on which company is operating the flight. If you wanted to replicate a specific one, sites like Flightaware and Flightradar24 are good for finding them.

Dotcom is an actual callsign for those using fltplan.com to file their flightplans. It isn't just for those filing anonymously across the board. For example, those using FlightAware to file their flightplans won't use Dotcom as their callsign..

As for the callsign for BBJ aircraft, why not do what other GAs do? Either full tail number, or Boeing XXXX, as you'd be using the aircraft manufacturer...

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Some Prime Air flights in the US are operated by Atlas (ICAO = GTI / callsign = "Giant") -- I didn't see that one mentioned above.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Brad Littlejohn said:

Dotcom is an actual callsign for those using fltplan.com to file their flightplans.

And those filing by Foreflight are assigned "FFL" (spoken simply as "Foreflight {xxx}").

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

And those filing by Foreflight are assigned "FFL" (spoken simply as "Foreflight {xxx}").

Heh, I've seen and heard this callsign but never realized that's where it came from.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dustin Rider said:

Heh, I've seen and heard this callsign but never realized that's where it came from.

I tend to get it confused with Frontier Airlines (FFT / "Frontier Flight").

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Gavin Gullett
Posted
Posted

Ight thanks for the info, I was wondering specifically for the prime air 737 to see if it had international flight so I don't have to find an airline per country I go since I only have the zibo mod and no Airbuses, which more of the common airlines have them in their fleets. Anyways.  I can just use "Boeing 37HF" for ex as a BBJ callsign

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

Some Prime Air flights in the US are operated by Atlas (ICAO = GTI / callsign = "Giant") -- I didn't see that one mentioned above.

That's probably because the OP asked about 737s. Atlas flies 767s for Prime.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png