You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connected but can't receive or transmit

Brody Borgstrom

Brody Borgstrom
Posted
Posted

Windows 10 with everything downloaded correctly.  Messages show that I'm connected with controllers in range at TWR and GND but can't seem to contact.  I also don't hear any comm.  Suggestions?  ATIS also doesn't appear to be working.  Thanks.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

What SIM? What pilot client? What airport were you parked at and what ATC exactly was online? When parked on the ground and trying to receive/transmit local ATC (TWR GND DEL) you should be really close by these stations, ideally at the airport that they are serving.

Brody Borgstrom
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

What SIM? What pilot client? What airport were you parked at and what ATC exactly was online? When parked on the ground and trying to receive/transmit local ATC (TWR GND DEL) you should be really close by these stations, ideally at the airport that they are serving.

msfs and vpilot and everything is set up correct

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Try again at an airport with local ATC. When you sit in New York and tune in the frequency of a controller in Boston, you won't be able to communicate, like in the real world.

Brody Borgstrom
Posted
Posted

ok but when I go into the atis it brings up msfs atis and like ground it is the same frequency as msfs

but i will try and get back to you

Brody Borgstrom
Posted
Posted

so I went in to new York and I even turned off atc in msfs but it still goes to the msfs atc