You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to get my info on vatspy correct (no pilot raiting)

Brian Kruise

Brian Kruise
Posted
Posted

When I hover over myself on vatspy it says no pilot rating. What is this tied to and how can I update it?

image.png.b7c96b69f299049ab6c05d143772edbd.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you want to show a pilot rating on VAT-Spy (and potentially other places that show ratings) you need to earn a rating. More information on the pilot training website: https://my.vatsim.net/pilots/train

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Brian Kruise
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link, I went ahead and just uploaded a photo of my PPL instead!

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

You can transfer a real world pilot rating onto Vatsim.  Details are in the link quoted by Ross Carlson above.

Andrew

Brian Kruise
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Andrew McCabe said:

You can transfer a real world pilot rating onto Vatsim.  Details are in the link quoted by Ross Carlson above.

Andrew

I mentioned that I just did that already.

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

My bad.  I hadn't appreciated that' you meant you had completed the application process.

Edited by Andrew McCabe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Kruise
Posted
Posted

I uploaded my PPL back on the 7th and no word yet. Re-uploaded it just now. Hoping to get that finished up. In other news I just passed my FOI and AGI exam, and I'm starting on my IR lessons on sporty's website now. 

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Brian Kruise said:

I uploaded my PPL back on the 7th and no word yet. Re-uploaded it just now. Hoping to get that finished up. In other news I just passed my FOI and AGI exam, and I'm starting on my IR lessons on sporty's website now. 

According to VATSIM's records, you were awarded your P1 on May 10. Where does it not appear?!

Tomas Hansson

Brian Kruise
Posted
Posted

I would have expected the "begin license transfer process" to show as "complete" or 100% etc.

Screen shot:

image.png.21cb9853db1a334c76bf0696fdc96390.png

Raul Ferraz
Posted
Posted

it doesn't. I guess because you can eventually get another license, and do the process again.

You should however, have received an email saying that the process was finished and with the result

Brian Kruise
Posted
Posted

I found the email, was sorted into a bunch of other stuff by accident. Thanks! Back to IR training for me!