You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Midwest Express Airlines Icao code

Johnathan Guif

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but with the possibility for the Midwest Airlines brand to come back to Milwaukee, I am asking if the Midwest express ICAO code and callsign to be added to VATSIM. I have been flying Midwest in the sim frequently  and I have caused some confusion with the ATC. I was just wondering if VATSIM could add the Midwest ICAO and callsign. 

Midwest Express was a US airline based in Milwaukee, WI and commenced operations in 1984 as Midwest Express Airlines. They ceased operations in 2010 after being bought out by Republic and merging with Frontier. 

their last ICAO code was: MEP

Their last callsign was: MIDEX

Edited by Johnathan Guif

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

If you're asking if you can log in and fly around using MEP as your three-letter airline code, go for it; there's nothing saying you can't log in and fly using the callsign. I would suggest adding "Callsign: Midex" in the remarks field of your flight plan, though. Not many of us are still around that remember seeing MEP on the scopes and it has been removed from the 7340.2K, which I usually resort to when I encounter a three-letter that's new to me.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Please do not use colons in the flightplan remarks field, because everything AFTER the colon will get cutoff. A good way to leave a remark in your flightplan is by adding RTF/MIDEX or CS/MIDEX. RTF stands for "RadioTelephony", CS stands for "CallSign".

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

ok thanks!