You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

List of VATSIM CTR centres

marcus holmes

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Hello

I would like to know if there is a list of all worldwide VATSIM CTR centres anywhere? Maybe there are some VATSIM map app devs out there that maybe have this kind of list within there program.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Is this sort of what you're looking for? https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/vatspy-data-project

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I was looking at that, and might be able to use the data that is on there as well as look at each CTR sector on the Vatspy app itself. What I am looking at doing is creating a database for all CTR, APP, TWR and GRD. I will manually have to do it for CTR, but APP, TWR and GRD should be a little more  easy as most of them have the airport ICAO code in front to them, apart from some places in the US which could be a pain.

I created the Vatsimstats.net website, so looking at adding a page to the website for controller statistics, which will be tables showing controller hours etc. It will be a good few months away before it is complete, just creating the databases will take a long time as well as my work life is starting to become more busy.

Karl Mathias Moberg
Posted
Posted

The VATSPY Data Project contains all the information you are requesting Marcus. All CTR callsigns have to be defined in there, and they also have to map their geographic boundaries. As of today, there are multiple services utilizing the data in there as the source of truth for a lot of things, including sector data so that at some point, hopefully, all map and statistics services will have the same source for the data, and we as ARTCC/FIRs don't have to contact 40 different sources every time we need to update something.

NckPTPXs.jpg

Karl Mathias Moberg (KM) - C3/I1
https://nyartcc.org
ZNY Air Traffic Manager

• 2 weeks later...
marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I have created a database from the list of CTR centres on the VATSPY Data project on Github, but the problem I am now encountering is that the database does not match with a lot of the CTR information the VATSIM json file provides.  For example the VATSIM json will provide LON_SC_CTR but it will show up as EGTT on VATSPY, same with a lot of other CTR`s another example CHI_81_CTR on the VATSIM json will show as something else in VATSPY. 

I cannot find anywhere on the VATSPY data project that provides  the CTR centres as they appear on the VATSIM json file. I am sure there must be a database somewhere for VATSPY  matches the CTR info from the VATSIM json file to the VATSPY CTR list. If there are any VATSPY devs that can help me out with this I would be very grateful.

I am currently creating a second page for my website, which will show controller hours, and would like to match each CTR, APP, TWR and GND with a country if possible, I understand that some CTR centres cover more than one country, so I need to create a database which has all the CTR centres as shown in the VATSIM json file or a way to match the info from the VATSIM json file to the list provided on the VATSPY data project.

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

I'm sure Ross will provide a more full (correct?) explanation however the way VATSpy reads the data is to look at anything prior to the first underscore and display from that.   So in the case of any of the LON sectors, it will only see LON_ and not LON_SC, LON_W or any others and therefore draw the full EGTT sector as it would be open as LON_CTR (London Bandbox).   

Ideally, you'd need the individual sector splits for any sector however you then get into relief callsigns.   So what happens if the relief callsign simply isn't a double underscore before the CTR part of the callsign?   You'd then need to list all potential relief callsigns.

On a previous discussion re VATSpy, it was suggested that sectors are displayed by matching the frequency - this will remain the same regardless of the callsign so may be something to investigate rather than what the controller has logged on with?   Of course, it may not be as simple as that in practice, I don't know...

Trevor Hannant

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, marcus holmes said:

For example the VATSIM json will provide LON_SC_CTR but it will show up as EGTT on VATSPY

That's because "LON" is an alias for EGTT, as shown in this line in VATSpy.dat:

EGTT|London|LON|EGTT

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC