You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSpy Launches But Doesn't Open

Alex Williamson

Alex Williamson
Posted
Posted

As the title describes. I try to launch vatspy, the update checking box shows up and goes through its initialisation, it then closes as if the main vatspy window is about to open but it does not.

VATSpy is visible on my taskbar, i can click on it to focus it and whatever window im currently on unfocuses as if VATSpy is there. But the little 'preview' window for the taskbar icon is just white.

Vatsp2.png.ed594dde7836d380d8362c13efb04b0f.png

I've tried reinstalling several times. I've tried launching as admin. My account is the only account on this system, and is the admin. I've even tried installing different versions of VATSpy and they all have the same issue.

Apologies if this is a duplicate issue but I've had a quick look and not found any alike with answers. Is anyone out there able to help me?

"Sarang tebuan jangan dijolok"

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

Try deleting VATSpyConfig.xml from %appdata%\VAT-Spy

• Like 1

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

There is only one current version of VatSpy.   Have you downloaded it from VAT-Spy (rosscarlson.dev) ?    

Alex Williamson
Posted
Posted

Cheers for the responses, i'm currently away from my pc for the weekend so i'll try deleting the .xml when im home.

In response to Andrew, I have downloaded it from the proper site, but i was using previous version's installers that i had stored on my pc to try and troubleshoot a bit.

Alex Williamson
Posted
Posted

Don't mean to double post but for anyone else experiencing this same problem, the solution raised by Lars worked for me. Delete VATSpyConfig.xml from %appdata%\VAT-Spy

Cheers for the help

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If the problem returns, have a look at the fix mentioned here:

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC