You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Ingame-Panel for FS2020: VR support for Vatspy

• feature request
  • software

Marius Kark

Marius Kark
Posted
Posted

Hello fellow pilots,

When I fly VR on Vatsim in FlightSimulator 2020 (which btw is amazing, provided you ve got a biest of a rig and GPU),
looking up controllers,  frequencies or coverage of ATC in Vatspy is kind of clunky as you have to alt-tab to desktop and take off you headset.

Would be awesome to have an  in-game panel in FS that shows the desired information at a mouse click (while still having the  vatspy software running in the background)

Software-engineering-wise I guess it shouldnt be so much of an obstacle - saying as s.o. with basic programming skills 😉 to stream those data in a T0 implementation from a local webserver -  after having used some other ingame panels that make use of a similar or even more elaborated concept (e.g. the littlenavmap-ingame panel)

Help would be greatly appreciated and of course I'd need some kind of api interface access to  Vatspy - so devs step forward please!

Like means - I like the idea.

Have a safe flight!
Guten Flug und eine sichere Landung!

Marius

Disclaimer: There is a collection of ingame panels out which I find very useful, it even contains a vatsim panel. However it was sadly not synchronized correctly with the vpilot software therefore displaying too little or wrong information. So I guess he did not have access to the vpilot/vatspy data.
FlightSimulator.me - Ingamepanels Pack for MSFS - FlightSim.Com Store

• 1 year later...
Rafael Santos
Posted
Posted

Hi!

You can update your ingamepanels from www.flightsimulator.me and you can acess to Vatsim data with the VATSIM Map and VATSIM Info panels.

Regards!

David Black
Posted
Posted

Hi

fyi we are just finishing a private beta of an ingame panel for FS for Vatsim, it has vpilot message integration, maps and one click frequency changes . Hoping to public release around the time of WU 20 in late August 

https://github.com/daveblackuk/VSR