You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can someone tell me why i cant receive my password reset...its very difficult to get in touch with admins

Drew Poteet

Go to solution Solved by Don Desfosse,

Drew Poteet
Posted
Posted

i click the button to reset password and it says its been sent to email....but it hasnt.....i tried reactivating my account but it doesnt need to...cant even restart a new account ...very frustrating

• Board of Governors
  • Solution
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Well...  let's go down these one by one....

Can someone tell me why i cant receive my password reset...

Yep, I can!  Looking at your record, it's because you haven't requested one.... 😉

its very difficult to get in touch with admins

What "admins" have you tried to get in touch with, and how?

i click the button to reset password

Which button?  URL?

and it says its been sent to email....but it hasnt.....

Again, according to your account, you've never requested a reset....

i tried reactivating my account but it doesnt need to...

Correct, because your account is active.

cant even restart a new account...

Of course not, that would be against the User Agreement and Code of Conduct

I wonder if somehow you have found an old link or button somewhere, hence why I asked "which button."  If there's an old link out there, I'd like to get it removed.

I wonder if you've checked out the Members tab on the VATSIM home page, and tried clicking on the link for Member Help?  Then you would click on the "Forgotten Your Password" link.

Alternatively, you could go to my.vatsim.net and click on the "Forgotten Password" button.

Or, you could go to support.vatsim.net and go to FAQ #3.

Please let us know what you've tried, and then try one of the 3 options I provided above.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Drew Poteet
Posted
Posted

Hello...I repeatedly requested password resets with no reply in the email......eventually the password reset page was 403 forbidden...waited some time to try again and still wouldnt send anything

Drew Poteet
Posted
Posted

ok for some reason it was sending the password resets to my spam folder...so everything good on that end....now im having trouble downloading vatspy....computer says its a malicious file...is there any other way to see a map of whos online?  ...i have vatastic from xplane days but not sure if its updated or even applicable to msfs...thanks.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

VAT-Spy is not malicious.  Thousands of us run it daily with no ill effects.  Ensure you get the latest version from https://vatspy.rosscarlson.dev/

vattastic isn't something you need to "get" -- it's a web-based VATSIM activity map.  It will show all controllers and pilots connected, regardless of which simulator they're using.  Pilots on VATSIM may use FS9, FSX, FSX:SE, X-Plane 10, X-Plane 11, one of several versions of Prepared, MSFS2020, and/or FlightGear.  They all end up in the same virtual world together.

There is also SimAware.ca (aka map.vatsim.net) which does essentially the same thing, plus numerous other apps and tools which can show who's online.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png