You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I cant even connect to vatsim

Brody Brill

Go to solution Solved by Mats Edvin Aaro,

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

Listen, im like, a day old for Vatsim, I am super new. I do not know how in the heck this works. But, every time I connect to VATSIM (i put in the necessary information such as airline and stuff) it says in the top left "Connected" then something about my voice not being configured correctly, then it says invalid CID/password, then like 5 seconds later it disconnects me.

I am confused very much by this, someone please help me. If I don't get help, I probably won't be able to play on the VATSIM network.

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

By the way, here's an image of what happens.

gasp.PNG

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

You have to wait up to 24 hours after passing the New Member Orientation Test before your credentials are fully propagated through the system.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

so do the new member test and then wait until tomorrow evenin?

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Yes, but you firstly have to go through the four-part course before doing the test. 24 hours after completing the test, if you pass, you're good to go.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

image.png.a08e4d2d4359509a45fe9e316b2ed449.png

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

well now it is doing that.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Looks like the same as last time.

Alistair Thomson

===

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Alistair Thomson said:

Nah, lots more text+ I put in my ID. Awaiting for vatsim to respond to my support ticket about changing my password since it wouldn't let me generate a new password (in which they will probably blow me off with some automated text bs and not let me change my password)

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Brody Brill said:

they will probably blow me off

There is no "they" here. It's all "we" and it includes you as well as me. If you think we are against you, you are wrong, so please don't take that attitude. And if things take longer than you want, please remember that we are ALL volunteers and we all have lives outside of VATSIM, so your specific needs take second place, as do mine.

Alistair Thomson

===

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

That's not my point. I don't care response time, I just feel as if they will just give some automated response and I will forever be unaware of my password.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If your attitude is this cheery in the forums, I can't wait to hear you on frequency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I have no idea why you would feel that way.  That's not the way we operate.  I can see that you have been helped.  Suggest you have a little faith.  We are a community of volunteer hobbyist, well-meaning, and happy to help.

• Like 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

Listen, man, I don't know if its just because on every other site ive been on when I ask for help on a support ticket I am usually either threatened with something along the lines of "You will be banned." or just given some automated text from a bot with a generic name such as "Linda" or "Tom" saying "we cannot assist you" blah blah blah. 

Also, is this really the place to spam your 5 links that take you to social media accounts of yours?

• Haha 2

• Solution
Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Brody Brill said:

Also, is this really the place to spam your 5 links that take you to social media accounts of yours?

What other people have in their signatures is not up to you to decide. You have already been warned about your behavior, now would be the time to start taking that into consideration.

if «every other site»’s support systems have gotten you banned, maybe you should reconsider how you behave on forums. We are all here to help each other and have fun, but we do not tolerate behavior like the one you are displaying.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Removed
Posted
Posted (edited)

As one of the representatives of the VATSIM Membership Department I have taken the time to look up your account information and can confirm that your account is active and you should be able access the VATSIM network.

I invite you to connect to VATSIM and enjoy its services, and trust that with this situation now being resolved, you lashing out at VATSIM departments and members has come to an end.

Edited by Michael Mund-Hoym
  • Like 1

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

okay

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

It still won't let me in. I think this is a very confusing situation for everyone. This time, I made sure my ID (1572360) was correct and my password (not going to put that in) was correct. I ensured that I was putting in my newer password given to me by the VATSIM moderators. Any other suggestions on how to get this fixed? image.png.33aab33c718542635fe09b122f070fb6.png

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

If you requested a new password it might take some time before you’re able to connect.

Mats Edvin Aarø
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

Okay. I'll wait uhh.. roughly 3 hours or maybe until tomorrow. I'll update you then.

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

Hey! It's been a little over a day and it still hasn't working. Am I supposed to wait longer?

Also, do you think re-installing and installing XP11 is worth it?

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Do you have Hotmail/Outlook by accident? 

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Brody Brill
Posted
Posted

Just checked after you said that. MSN is my email

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

From a membership perspective, your account is active.  You have been able to connect since within less than an hour after you completed your P0 exam.  Password resets take less than an hour (often much less) to propagate to all the servers.  Although the normal advice would be for you to reopen your support ticket, as a courtesy I have just sent you a new password (of course, you can do that whenever you wish at my.vatsim.net).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Also, I would recommend you try using xPilot instead of XSquawkBox.

Mats Edvin Aarø
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new