You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Model Matching Fails

Bertrand Tan

Bertrand Tan
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

When connected to VATSIM, all model matching fails. I have a full FLAi installation, and upon a scan, 1875 models were found, but when I tested the model matching rules, every single rule created a red error message.

vPilot also fails to recognize any default model matching aircraft I set it to, including the CRJ700. This means that when I connect to VATSIM, each time the network detects an aircraft in the area, vPilot tries to load it but every choice of livery that is attempted causes an error message (examples of which are attached). This means that when it reaches the default model, vPilot simply says that model is unavailable (despite me specifically having chosen an available model from the models listed in the scan), and it disconnects me from the network. 

A reinstallation of vPilot has not fixed the problem. This only occured after a reinstallation of P3D.

I would appreciate any help and am willing to provide any other details. 

vpilot.PNG

Edited by Bertrand Tan

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Which version of P3D?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Bertrand Tan
Posted
Posted

I am using P3D version 4.5.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Please post (or send to me via DM if you prefer) this file from your vPilot installation folder:

ModelScanResult-Prepar3dV4.xml

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you remove all the default aircraft from P3D? The only one I see in the scan results is the F16. That explains why the Bombardier CRJ isn't working as a default. However, all the FLAi entries look fine, so I'm not sure why you're getting those errors. It seems that vPilot is finding the files just fine, but P3D isn't.

Bertrand Tan
Posted
Posted

I removed most of the default P3D aircraft, but that should not be the cause of the problem.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Bertrand Tan said:

I removed most of the default P3D aircraft, but that should not be the cause of the problem.

That definitely explains why the CRJ doesn't work, but not the others. I don't know why the others aren't loading, but there must be something messed up with your P3D configuration. A reinstall might help.

Bertrand Tan
Posted
Posted

I will attempt a reinstall and get back to you. Thanks.

Bertrand Tan
Posted
Posted

I took this opportunity to upgrade to P3D V5, and so far it seems like the problem has been resolved. I am able to see other planes on VATSIM without any problems. Thanks for the help!