You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New to vATIS: Invalid Callsign Format. Please Try Again.

Liam Starr

Liam Starr
Posted
Posted

Trying to connect. Keep getting Invalid Callsign Format. Please Try Again. Have not entered a callsign. Where do I enter it?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Did you create a new facility or import an existing one?

If you created one, what did you enter for the facility identifier? 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Liam Starr
Posted
Posted

I created one. I used KRDU as the facility identifier.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Can you export the facility and upload the file somewhere public (like Google Drive) and share the link here for me?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

Liam, ZDC has a facility file for KRDU.  Yet I don't see you on the Controller Roster for ZDC.  Why are you trying to run vATIS there?

EDIT: Liam, I see that you have no connection history to the network thus far.  I think you may be confused about what vATIS does.  It is used by a VATSIM Air Traffic Controller who is providing ATC to an airport to CREATE an ATIS transmission there.  You need to join ZDC as a controller-in-training if you want to do that.  As a pilot, your Pilot Client (vPilot, xPilot, swift, etcetera) is used to RETRIEVE an ATIS for a certain airport -- IF a VATSIM controller is presently running one there.  Hope that clears things up.

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr
  • Thanks 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Liam Starr
Posted
Posted

I was confused about what vATIS does. I thought it was a stand-alone way to retrieve an ATIS transmission. Thanks for clearing that up.