You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

P0 - Exam not Assigned

Chris Field 1412036

Chris Field 1412036
Posted
Posted

Recently reactivated my account that had been dormant for years and created in late 2017. Thought I'd go through the New Membership Orientation Course to see what is required to connect these days - lo and behold you need to pass some sort of test in order to get the P0 rating. Apparently that exam should be available in the exam center. That, however, is not the case for me. The exam center is empty and I seem to be unable to find any way to 'unlock' said exam. Also I didn't receive any email that told me I could do so.

So, any ideas what I am missing? Or is this issue simply due to having a recently reactivated account?

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

Are you able to go through the course but the exam? If that's the case, you may have an account that was created before the P0 requirement was introduced and may therefore be grandfathered in. Are you able to connect to the network?

Chris Field 1412036
Posted
Posted

Yeah exactly that: Course is visible but not the exam. As I said, the account was originally created in late 2017. From what I figured so far, it seems as if the P0 rating was introduced some time in 2020 (at least that's when the first mentions of that rating occured on this forum) which would mean my account predated that by about 2+years.

In order to log in for testing purposes I'd first have to re-download FS X which is some 30Gb, so something that is best done during the weekdays, while at work, so I don't screw up my bandwidth/HDD speeds while I actually use this computer...

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

You will have the P0 already, as Dustin suggests, so you will be able to connect to the network for flying. But why re-download FSX if you already have it?

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Chris Field 1412036
Posted
Posted

Why I need to download? Well, let's say the responsible master boot record decided to go to MBR heaven and refused to come back.

RIP.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

:) I was just concerned that you somehow believed that your situation re. a refreshed account was the reason.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.