You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How is vPilot porting models into MSFS

Daniel Soltanmoradi

Daniel Soltanmoradi
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

first post here as I am trying to figure out how exactly vPilot determines the aircraft state when using bespoke model port-over from FSX.

I have multiple planes for modelmatching converted from FSX which are essentially all mdl files, and ModelMatching works just fine with them. I really only seem to have one major issue: the lights on the model are lit up quite randomly. The lights in my cfg files are exclusively the generic Asobo light effect files and they do light up. But sometimes, a plane isn't lit up at all which makes it quite hard to fly VFR.

I know this is a pretty general questions, but does anyone know how vPilot determines in which state the planes are when model matched and how - generally - they are shown in the sim - SimObject or Scenery Object?

Thanks for any help,

D

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot just calls SimConnect events to toggle the various lights on/off in the models.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Daniel Soltanmoradi
Posted
Posted

OK, good to know. It's weird though that two aircraft in the exact same state (seemingly) show different lighting. Thanks!