You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

There are no Centers Online and I am nearing the airport I'm arriving at, what do I do for a STAR?

• atc
  • new
  • help

Max Carr

Max Carr
Posted
Posted

Im getting closer to EGCC (Manchester) which is my arrival airport, there are no centers active to provide me with a STAR, do I get my STAR off of Manchester's Approach frequency, or do I just self-assign mysekf one and announce it on Unicom? I'm relatively new and have been wanting to know an answer to this for quite a while now.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If it's something that would ordinarily be done by Center and there's no Center, you manage it yourself.  You can check the ATIS to determine the arrival runway(s) in use, then choose the STAR which matches your last enroute waypoint with said runway.

• Like 2

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Max Carr
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the response, this has been hindering my experience for ages, I have always picked my departure and arrival locations based on which centers were online. I was unsure what to do upon the arrival phase without a center, but now my question has been answered. Thanks again mate!!