You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't Be Heard

• fs9
  • swift
  • mic

David Kemp

David Kemp
Posted
Posted

Hi folks,

Newbie here after long flight simming absence trying to get back into VATSIM.  Got everything working but can't be heard by ATC or other pilots.  FS9, FSUIPC 3.9.9.9.z, swift 0.9.6.88 (32 bit), Windows 10.  I have tried at a few locations on the ground at a ramp and can communicate via text messages but not voice. Can hear ATC and other pilots and see other aircraft.  Mic is working as per test in both Windows and swift loopback test.  I don't know much about AFV but noticed that it is not cross coupled when I look at the list of available ATC stations.  See screenshot from an attempt tonight to contact KBOS Ground.  PTT button is assigned on joystick and does light up in swift GUI when pressed.  

Appreciate if any one has any thoughts on what is preventing me from using voice comm with ATC.

TIA, Dave

swift.thumb.JPG.31a3974a6721b0f5a2821bf5e3ecd94b.JPG

Claude ROULLIER
Posted
Posted

Hi David,

Do you use Discord? We have a dedicated support server. Contact & Help | swift project (swift-project.org)

David Kemp
Posted
Posted

Claude, I am aware of discord and have searched through the various support threads there but can't find anything that helps with my situation.  I will post a request similar to above to see if I can get some advice.

Thanks, Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Michael Stout
Posted
Posted

Sorry if this is not the right place for this topic. I have Sismo radios for my 738. After downloading the client software in order to communicate 

is there a way to use my Sismo radios to dial the frequencies or will I have to use the Vatsim overlays for that.

Thanks

Mike Stout

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

My problem in FS9/Windows7 is, I hear everybody but when i talk i sound like a chipmunk and they cant understand me.