You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

qualification of a Major Airport is mandatory for S3 ????

Benjamin Rodriguez

Benjamin Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

Hello.
I would like to see if a VACC can oblige to be S3, have the qualification of a Major Airport.
I understand that for C1, there is a rule, but I have doubts if it can be forced for S3.
Check with the region and they have not been able to answer me.
Thank you,

CEO X-Plane Español

http://equisplanespain.com

David Kirchner
Posted
Posted

Hello Benjamin,

I clearly responded to your ticket. We are working on it. I clearly asked you to give us at least four weeks because it is a bigger topic in your vACC and issues like this cannot be solved in a few days. So it simply is a lie to state we were not able to answer your question. Again: We did tell you that we work on it and that this needs some time. We are just not willing to discuss a solution with you before checking and discussing it with all other stakeholders.

I also clearly told you that we as the division are the correct contact point for this. So I am not sure what to think of your way of handling this and carry the case into the public VATSIM forums. But to be very clear: Now making the issue public is of no help at all. We continue working on the issue. We can continue the discussion in a few weeks when we came up with a solution, but here clearly is the wrong place for this discussion.

Again: We can discuss this once we have found a solution together with your vACC, we can then also discuss what global policies say about it (trust me, the solution will be complient with all policies), but discussing this publicly here is not constuctive at all. Thus the VATEUD ATC Training Department will not continue this discussion here. I once more kindly ask you to be patient. I am rather confident the solution will address your needs - but even if it does not do so, it will be compliant with all global policies.

• Like 1

David Kirchner                                     VATEUD Logo
ATC Training Department Director
unnamed.png.7ea1021ee91ff68552c5250e96e78a5f.png [email protected]
unnamed.png.7ea1021ee91ff68552c5250e96e78a5f.png [email protected]

Benjamin Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

I believe that it has not been answered. Nor is it any discussion.
With the current regulations, I would like to know, if VATSIM leaves a VACC, that in order to obtain the S3, it is requiere to be the Tower of Major Airports in the country.
I think the answer is very simple, yes or no ?
If I ask it, it is because I have the doubt.
I do not see so much problem in answering, yes or no, and not the wait 4 weeks .. I think!
However, thank you very much.
Best Regards.

CEO X-Plane Español

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

Benjamin,

Your question has been answered and addressed and there are discussions. The fact that you can not see them, as they are held in private between staff members, does not mean that they do not exist. Policy change and review is something that is difficult to accomplish and takes time, especially when this network which everyone, including you, is enjoying for free is ran entirely by volunteers.

We ask that you leave us do our "jobs" and wait a bit, while instead of being with friends or family or doing something else in our free time, we work to resolve your issue. If you would like to add anything else, I would kindly direct you to and strongly suggest you use the VATEUD helpdesk.

Nick

• Like 2

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• 1 month later...
Benjamin Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

A month later .. will there be enough time to pass to be able to answer?
I do not see a statement if it can be done that for S3 you have to have the TWR enablement in LEMD ... and I also see new people who are S3 without the LEMD_TWR enablement.
Do you need another 2 months to answer? To know if you have to wait 2-3 months or as long as it takes to get a response.
Thanks a lot,

Best Regards.

CEO X-Plane Español

Liesel Downes
Posted
Posted

Why does this need to be in public? the VATEUD staff gave you an answer and as with everything here it takes time. Most of us are busy "in real life" and do not have the time for the same speed in solving it as if it was our real job.

Liesel Downes
she/her/hers

Benjamin Rodriguez
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Liesel Downes said:

Why does this need to be in public? the VATEUD staff gave you an answer and as with everything here it takes time. Most of us are busy "in real life" and do not have the time for the same speed in solving it as if it was our real job.

It needs to be public, because it is relevant information for other people, not only for me. It´s so easy to understand!!!

Regarding the time, I understand that a Staff has to dedicate about 10 hours a week to be one.
1 month = 40h

If you don't have time, you should stop being a staff and leave someone else who has time and wants to dedicate it to vatsim, right?

Also answer a question with YES or NO and in the case of being one or the other option to carry out some actions I do not think it is so complex.

It seems to me such a simple matter that I do not know the reason for the delay or want to complicate it.
Luckily I have not consulted how to solve a second grade math equation!

The truth is that I do not understand anything 

I hope you understand what I say, since I don't know much English and I hope my text is not misinterpreted.

Best regards.

• Confused 1

CEO X-Plane Español

• Nick Marinov locked this topic