You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Best Simulator/ADD-ON ?

Cristian Raducu

Cristian Raducu
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone ! 

I hope I'm posting in the right area. I'm a new member here, just got my CPL/ATPL frozen pilot license. I've being playing Simulators when I was a kid until college but nothing serious. Now I'm looking forward to get a simulator with an Airbus320 add-on to fly for pleasure and why not practice for my type rating. I also take the budged in consideration, and I cannot simply decide, because each simulator and Airbus add-on specific to the game has it's ups and downs, and I'm stuck in watching videos and reviews.  

I look forward to hear your opinion!

Kind regards,

Cristian

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

You need to decide on the sim first. For P3D the FSLabs birds are the best although they are a bit pricey! X-Plane has some nice ones too - or so I've been told. If you are looking for a well modelled Airbus then I would probably pass on FS2020 for a little while yet...

Tomas Hansson

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

At this time, the best A320 simulation is still the one from FsLabs and you will be bound to P3D to use it. It will be another few months before there will be a proper airliner available for MSFS. X-Plane has some nice aircraft, e.g. A319/321 by Toliss, A300 by iniSimulations, B767 by FlightFactor, B737-800 by Zibo (freeware), but they are not yet at the level of FsLabs or PMDG.

Cristian Raducu
Posted
Posted

I don't know what to say about P3D. I am in between MSFS202 and X-plane. I am more interested in the simulation of the fly-by-wire and system then into graphics. As I looked to multiple video, each add-on lacks something.

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately the Airbus in MSFS2020 has not yet matured into a high-end addon. Several problems has been mentioned such as problems with the MCDU/FMC not replicating the real one good enough. FsLabs A320 has been around for a longer time and is AFAIK the one to go with, if you want the closest MCDU to the real one. X-plane - dont know it, someone must chip in here.

So you're are a kind of stuck and only you can deside, what 's best for you:

Wait until MSFS2020 matures, so commercial jets' systems are better simulated or

go with P3D (which btw is not a bad simulator at all) and FsLabs

Edited by Torben Andersen
  • Like 2

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Claude ROULLIER
Posted
Posted

Hi Cristian,

I would go for X Plane + a Toliss.

On the .org, few real pilots are very active on the dedicated forum, they are really amazed.

You have also a very nice pilot client for X-Plane: swift. swift project (swift-project.org)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Cristian Raducu
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you very much for your feedback guys !! After I heard your opinion and after dozens of videos on yt I also am prone to choose the X-plane and Toliss or FF. For anyone which has this dilemma I am putting below a comparison I found on yt,  with a comparison between Flight Factor and Toliss A320. 

Cheers !

Edited by Cristian Raducu

Claude ROULLIER
Posted
Posted

I have both, and agree with Andreas. Since the last releases of the Toliss, my Ultimate is in the hangar.

Nathaniel Miller
Posted
Posted

Has three Captain Sims for FSX... all are fairly decent... the 777 and the 707-300 if you like nostalgia... and a decent DC-10-30...  not sure if they are for P3d or X-Plane...  I haven't quite decided if i want either or both to mess with yet...

Ya gotta love the big planes though... 

"Needs more Power so I rewired it!" - Tim "The Toolman" Allen  (Argh ARGH AGH!) <-- Tim Allen Man Grunt 

Respectfully,

FA/MM N.A Miller, USN Ret.

"Here's to our Navy and all the good things it stands for..."

Adm Rockwell Torrey, USN (John Wayne) In Harm's Way -- 1965