You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

fps limits

Marc Sieffert

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Hi, I remember I read that if your fps go below 25 fps you are disconnected from Vatsim. I sometimes shortly go below 25 fps so I would like to know exactly how the system is set up. Is the limit still 25 fps and if yes how much time do you have to remain below 25 fps so you are disconnected?

Thanks!!

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

I don't think it has anything to do with Vatsim , but the lower your fps are, your flight simulator will start to freeze. Sometimes mine will go bellow 10 then the freezing start. I have a very old system so that is to be expected.

Nebojsa

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

OK I think I found it... the limit is 20 fps not 25... but I am not sure how much time you have to be below 20... anyway it doesn't really matter since normally we are avoiding having less then 20 fps...

"VATSIM has recently instructed the development teams for our X-Plane clients, (xSquawkbox, xPilot, and swift), to add code which will automatically disconnect users who are unable to maintain an average of 20 frames per second while connected to VATSIM. These users will be welcome to immediately reconnect to the network after adjusting their rendering settings."

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

It’s about 30 seconds of operation below 20FPS and only for Xplane users. It’s due to the time dilation “feature” in xplane which makes aircraft not operate in real time. This is a huge problem when you’re expecting aircraft to be covering the ground at the rate their ground speed indicates 

• Thanks 1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Interesting.

nebojsa