You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Matching Software for P3D?

Zachary Aghdaei

Zachary Aghdaei
Posted
Posted

Hey Guys;

I am sure there are a bunch of posts about this but I wanted to just ask the simple question. Currently, I am using an old version of FLAi model matching for P3D, but it really doesn't work that well and is missing most planes. Does anyone have a good model matching solution for Vatsim for P3D? I don't really care at this point if I have to pay for it or if it's free, I just want a good one that works. Let me know! Thanks 🙂

-Zac

Zac Aghdaei

PMDG Captain since 2015

PMDG_Banner_777_Pilot.jpeg.45125e026d3252f34dae9b989c99bb89.jpeg

Zachary Aghdaei
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike Teague said:

i have not tried it yet as my flai is still doing a great job, but:

http://www.alpha-india.net/2021/01/15/aigaim-oci-for-vatsim-prepar3d-v4-and-v5-only/

Thanks Mike, I'll check that out! I agree the FLAi does a pretty good job but I was just wondering if since its 'demise' any other options have been released that do it better. Upon reading this though it says it does about 80-90% of VATSIM traffic which seems pretty similar to FLAi. I might just test both and see which does better, or see if I can use a combo. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Zac Aghdaei

PMDG Captain since 2015

• 2 months later...
Danny Moore
Posted
Posted

I’m still using FLAi. Since they are no longer updating it, Ive taken it upon myself to update the liveries myself. It’s really simple to do if you know your way around FLAi and how it works. Last week I updated mine with a bunch of legacy aircraft like the 747-200/100 and A300 so I can correctly see all the new xplane aircraft on Vatsim. One day I may give Alpha India Group a try. 

• 4 weeks later...
Krisztian Buss
Posted
Posted
On 7/14/2021 at 5:11 AM, Zachary Aghdaei said:

Hey Guys;

FLAi model matching for P3D, 

-Zac

Any news...? what i dont understand about your question, that it doesnt really help if you got a super library, as long as anyone else dont have it... bcos then THEY wont see you as you want. for example i fly with a dassault falcon and basically none of them are in any flai... 

Zachary Aghdaei
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Krisztian Buss said:

Any news...? what i dont understand about your question, that it doesnt really help if you got a super library, as long as anyone else dont have it... bcos then THEY wont see you as you want. for example i fly with a dassault falcon and basically none of them are in any flai... 

I have no news, and I am also a little confused by your response lol. They will never be a perfect solution but at least a readily available tool would provide SOME model matching.

Zac Aghdaei

PMDG Captain since 2015

• 2 weeks later...
Krisztian Buss
Posted
Posted
On 10/25/2021 at 9:26 PM, Zachary Aghdaei said:

I have no news, and I am also a little confused by your response lol. They will never be a perfect solution but at least a readily available tool would provide SOME model matching.

what do you mean some....,? there are tens if not hundreds liveries and basically all the subtypes of the B737/a320/747 etc, yet no Falcons and also the learjet is severly lacking...

just google COP26 jets...

most libraries are extremely unbalanced. they should be standardized in a more inclusive manner

3 subtypes and 10-20 liveries per airliner would be perfectly enough, i mean who cares what engine type is on a 747, or if joe schmoe flies some obscure airline? while in the same time other basetypes are simply not included at all. so the "other guy" just sees a placeholder.