You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Thanks Diego Naranjo (SEFG_CTR) for my first experience receiving directions in Spanish!

Jack Lin

Jack Lin
Posted
Posted

15 July 2021, ~15:30 UTC I completed a flight from SEQM to SEGU with Mr. Naranjo controlling center. He gave me top down clearances in English. With a couple of semester of college Spanish and speaking basic Spanish on a daily basis with my middle school students, I was curious to try responding to ATC in Spanish, he spoke slowly and patiently guided me through it! I unexpectedly practiced a missed approach with him too. We had a great time!

I specifically appreciated that he gave me the ATC terms in Spanish. For the first few instructions, he typed it to me in chat so I could know what to expect. Then he let me know he would start giving me instructions, then when I could handle that, he gave me some authoridades without warning. With OVC at 3000 and ceilings of 10,000, I flew most of the arrival in soup, and it was really fun being cognitively maxed out 🙂

Thanks for the fun experience Diego!

• Like 1

Diego Naranjo
Posted
Posted

Hey, Jack! It was great to have you flying around Ecuador. Hope we can chat some time soon and practice some more phraseology en Español! You did great on that approach, specially considering the weather and me throwing instructions, in a foreign language, your way!

Thanks for the post, see you around the Andes sometime soon!

Adios!