You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Audio problems

Darrin Pollard

Darrin Pollard
Posted
Posted

Hi, hope everybody is safe and well but need some help, when using X-Plane with X-pilot and my Vatsim credentials everything works fine, but when I try MSFS2020 with V-Pilot, and the same Vatsim credentials, I cannot here either controllers or pilots, now and again I will receive a text message on V-Pilot, followed by a split second "squelch" which sounds like somebody keying a mike but that is it, all my audio settings are correct, I have tried running everything in administrator mode, disabling all anti-virus, starting V-Pilot before and after starting MSFS, downloading the latest v-Pilot, even re-installing MSFS from start but nothing corrects the problem, any help would be much appreciated as not sure what to try next, regards, Daz , Sorry still having problems uploading screenshots (error 200)

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The squelch noise indicates receipt of a transmission on the frequency via text rather than voice.  In fact, even with the voice system not working, you can still participate in ATC services via text.

Not sure why xPilot would work fine for you but vPilot wouldn't.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can help you troubleshoot that.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png