You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New features

Konstantin Gordeev

Konstantin Gordeev
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I'm an ATC in real life and I'm trying to arrange vatSys as close as it possible to software I use on my working place. That's why I have some proposals (if it possible of course):

1. To add additional fields to ATIS editor

2. To add such parameters to radar label as Mach number, ground speed using designator and three digits (for example: N430 or Kh840,  preassigned indicated speed (and Mach), preassigned heading, and current heading of aircraft.

Thank you for you great work!

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Hi Konstantin 

1. This is already possible by configuring ATIS.xml in the dataset (compare the New Zealand and Australia profiles as an example on how you can customise)

2. This is also currently possible, but would require you to program a plug-in to add in the new label items. Documentation is not finished yet, but there is an example here: https://www.virtualairtrafficsystem.com/docs/sdk/

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Konstantin Gordeev
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jake Saw said:

Hi Konstantin 

1. This is already possible by configuring ATIS.xml in the dataset (compare the New Zealand and Australia profiles as an example on how you can customise)

2. This is also currently possible, but would require you to program a plug-in to add in the new label items. Documentation is not finished yet, but there is an example here: https://www.virtualairtrafficsystem.com/docs/sdk/

Okay, I understand. But where I can find list of variables which comes from FDR (or vatsim)? For example what is the name of ground speed variable? 

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Track.GetGroundspeed() will return the correct ground speed to display (from either the FDR or RadarTrack depending on what type of Track it is)

Jake

Developer - vatSys

Konstantin Gordeev
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Jake Saw said:

Track.GetGroundspeed() will return the correct ground speed to display (from either the FDR or RadarTrack depending on what type of Track it is)

Thank you for your help. And for heading it would be like Track.Getheading() ? 

Konstantin Gordeev
Posted
Posted
On 7/16/2021 at 6:14 PM, Jake Saw said:

Well... I did it.  

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Nice one. You can get heading from the RadarTrack or predicted heading from the FDR (there's no helper function in Track for that).

Jake

Developer - vatSys

Konstantin Gordeev
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Jake Saw said:

Nice one. You can get heading from the RadarTrack or predicted heading from the FDR (there's no helper function in Track for that).

Thank you sir.

And one more question: does vatsys understand such designation inside FP: "ESMEB/K0845S1190"? I mean situation when step climb is designated in flight plan. In such case system doesn't allow you accept aircraft because it think aircraft outside the route.

By the way, any chance requirement for automatic coupling about 7nm of FDR route could be ignored? 

Edited by Konstantin Gordeev

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Yes and no, level and speed changes are supported and will affect the trajectory calculation but metric units are not currently incorporated

eg. M087F400 will work, your example won’t (yet)

Radar coupling is 20nm radius of ADEP and ADES and 7nm either side of the route. These are the RAM alert parameters and you can change them in alerts.xml 

Jake

Developer - vatSys

• 1 year later...
Konstantin Gordeev
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2021 at 4:13 PM, Jake Saw said:

Hi Konstantin 

1. This is already possible by configuring ATIS.xml in the dataset (compare the New Zealand and Australia profiles as an example on how you can customize) 

Hello! 

Is there any limitation for strings number? I ve added some more strings, but not all of them are announcing in broadcast.

And one more question: any chance for Cyrillic support?

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted
On 9/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, Konstantin Gordeev said:

Hello! 

Is there any limitation for strings number? I ve added some more strings, but not all of them are announcing in broadcast.

And one more question: any chance for Cyrillic support?

Hi

I don’t think so. If you attach ATIS.xml I’ll have a look. I’m not sure what would be required for Cyrillic, assuming it doesn’t work already? Vatsys is using the built in windows text to speech. 

Jake

Developer - vatSys

Konstantin Gordeev
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jake Saw said:

Hi

I don’t think so. If you attach ATIS.xml I’ll have a look.

Here is an Editor section of ATIS.xml. There are fourteen lines. But only first twelve of them are announced (and also not displayed in ATIS editor window in vatSys). 

<Editor>
    <Input name="APCH" NameIsSpoken="false" value="expect ILS approach" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="RWY" NameIsSpoken="true" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="SFC COND" NameIsSpoken="false" value="breaking action" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="OPR INFO" NameIsSpoken="false" value="transition level" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="WIND" NameIsSpoken="true" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="VIS" NameIsSpoken="true" InputType="Edit" NumbersSpokenGrouped="true" />
    <Input name="WX" NameIsSpoken="false" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="CLD" NameIsSpoken="true" InputType="Edit" NumbersSpokenGrouped="true" />
    <Input name="TMP" NameIsSpoken="true" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="TMX" NameIsSpoken="true" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="QFE" NameIsSpoken="true" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="QNH" NameIsSpoken="true" InputType="Edit" />
    <Input name="SIGWX" NameIsSpoken="false" InputType="Edit" NumbersSpokenGrouped="true" />
    <Input name="OFCW_NOTIFY" value="acknoledge information" InputType="Edit" />
</Editor>

I’m not sure what would be required for Cyrillic, assuming it doesn’t work already? Vatsys is using the built in windows text to speech.

I'm sorry, I mean Cyrillic support for Chat. Just to have an ability to use Cyrillic for text messages.

Снимок экрана (38).png

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Ah I see. Yes there is currently a hardcoded 12 line limit (the size of the window itself)

I will look into making Cyrillic characters show correctly, but I don't plan on any updates to the client until vatSysServer is more complete. 

Jake

Developer - vatSys