You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim Traffic doesn't move when in full screen

James Starkie

James Starkie
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, 

Really hope someone can help. This is pretty frustrating. This is also a new problem, "I think", since windows update the other day although I'm not too sure now. 

If I'm on the ground and I log in, and then get into the cockpit with vpilot shrunk down in the task bar, I can see all the traffic but none of it moves. If I then press the windows key, or focus away from MFS2020 by clicking o bringing vpilot forwards, the traffic suddenly then starts moving. It's really strange. 

I'm running in admin mode on both MFs2020 and vPilot. I've re-installed vpilot. Still no luck. Thinking it might be something to do with windows, not vpilot program. All online traffic, and AI traffic is disabled from flight simulator. 

EDIT: I've checked the debug and there isn't any error text displayed. I've also tried checking and unchecking the "keep window visible" button. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

James 

Edited by James Starkie

James Starkie
Posted
Posted

So, I carried on messing around with flight sim 2020 and vpilot. I tried a few different things but in the end I fixed it by going to FS settings, pressed windowed mode, then full screen. Hey presto! Traffic is moving again! Seemed like such a simple thing to do, after I already thought of it. 

Maybe there's some kind of conflict / bug there anyway, as I never use windowed mode. 

Hope this helps someone in the future maybe. 

Thanks 🙂