You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Autopilot issue in the stock A320NEO MSFS

Jeff Dorman

Jeff Dorman
Posted
Posted

I hope this is the correct forum to post this in. While enroute, as soon as I change the runway at my destination in the MCDU, the autopilot begins a left or right 360 turn. Sometimes it will turn me back to the previous waypoint. I need to figure this one out, as there are plenty of times the actual runway in use at the destination is not what was entered initially prior to departure. Thanks for the replies in advance.

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Perhaps try DIRECT TO the next waypoint to get it back on right sequence.

ACH2118.jpg

Nathaniel Miller
Posted
Posted (edited)

Withdrawn - No explanation.

N.A M

Edited by Nathaniel Miller
Withdrawn for repost of correct on-topic info.

Respectfully,

FA/MM N.A Miller, USN Ret.

"Here's to our Navy and all the good things it stands for..."

Adm Rockwell Torrey, USN (John Wayne) In Harm's Way -- 1965

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nathaniel Miller said:

There is a way to fix... i hate to say the word "Hack" on here, but unfortunately that is what you are essentially doing... i take another autopilot after copying original to the clipboard and plug in the old data into the new one... (inside aircraft.cfg) That or copy the autopilot information from another a320 that is known to be working and paste over the existing information. (From another freeware into the default) -- either way, it essentially should fix it...

How would copying another flightplan or procedure in config files, if I understood correctly, going to fix the MSFS A320 not being able to handle the sequencing correctly?

ACH2118.jpg

Nathaniel Miller
Posted
Posted (edited)

Withdrawn - (I think the information i posted was incorrect and I would like to research more to be more accurate and specific.)

N.A.M

Edited by Nathaniel Miller
withdraw - wrong information

Respectfully,

Jeff Dorman
Posted
Posted

I also posted this in avsim forums. I got almost an immediate reply that this is a bug in the stock A320. The workaround was to make sure I was in selected heading mode before I make the runway change. Once the change is made I wait approximately 15 seconds for the route to update in the aircraft, then select managed heading. That stopped the 360 turn. I then tried going direct to one of the fixes ahead in the route. When it got to that fix the plane started a 360 turn. Had to stop the turn by going to selected heading. Turned back to the desired heading and tried going to the next fix via direct. Worked fine. Was expecting it to start the 360 turn at the next fix, but it decided to continue on the correct route to the next fix. Go figure😐

Nathaniel Miller
Posted
Posted

i wish FSX would be updated to be like X-plane where it was MORE REALISTIC....

Get on the stick and get down to business... if you have a program that is fairly good you need to put the models as realistic as possible and stop guessing...  I changed all my default FSX planes to real specs and they work great. (I am not a real pilot and only would under theory what they would fly like) t least when i fly they have the specs of RL aircraft and do what they are supposed to do....

Respectfully,