You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Are We going to have

Johnathon Neilsen 955672

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

An Australian Division? Seen as New Zealand got one, I was wondering is there going to be VATAUS?

Cheers

955672.png

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

Closest thing we got is VATPAC, which is basically us plus a few pacific Islands. Come check us out.

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

What I sort of ment is theat VATPAC be based aroud the APcific Islands and have VATAUS for Austrlia.

955672.png

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

I thought you meant that Johnathon, but thought it was common sense on the reasons why its VATPAC and not a VATAUS.

If there was a VATAUS, then VATPAC would get alot smaller, and have alot less options of where to control. Meaning controllers would have to choose one or the other and opt for a visiting controller status for airports in Australia if they happened to stick with VATPAC.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

John Golin
Posted
Posted

VATPAC IS the division for Australia.

It is also the division that manages other regions in Oceania.

Steven Rogers 901202
Posted
Posted

There wouldn't be a division solely for the islands simply beacuse there isn't enough interest in controlling or flying to them. But, saying that, a division specifically for them may arouse interest.

• 2 months later...
Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

I can see all of your points, but Pacific Islands division does make a bit of sense, I like flying to New Caladonia, great place to land.

955672.png

John Golin
Posted
Posted

Johnathon;

New Calodonia is part of a division, VATSIM Pacific Division, VATPAC.

At this stage there is no way New Caledonia or the Pacific Islands would have its own division in the foreseable future - there is no NEED... all the services can be better covered under the umbrealla of VATPAC. If you feel there are additional services you can help provide, the best bet would be to chat the VATPAC guys via the forums at www.vatpac.org .

Cheers

John