You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A couple typos

Emma Pollak

Emma Pollak
Posted
Posted

Just some quick typos:

In the very first paragraph: "The VATSIM Global Air Traffic Controller Administration Policy (GCAP) has been established to increase access to Air Traffic Control positions for VATSIM members who wish to provide Air Traffic Control services whilst maintaining a standard of quality Air Traffic Control service that VATSIM has become known." Seems like it needs a "for" at the end (or, if you don't like ending your sentences with prepositions, could be restructured to "a standard of quality ATC service for which VATSIM has become known").

In section 3, Clearance Delivery, "by verifying aircraft are filled on a correct routing at a correct altitude", filled should be changed to filed.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Section 3: S1 and S2 are both called the "second" rating. Suggest S1 could be the "first ATC rating to be awarded following a demonstration of competence" (needs ATC there because there are pilot ratings which could be awarded before S1) and similarly further on.

Does Departure Control not also ensure separation, as does approach?

Does Tower really manage the separation of aircraft "within the aerodrome?" And if so, how does that relate to the duties of Ground?

Isn't the use of "ramp" questionable? Even in the USA the official ATC phraseology document refers to, and defines, "apron" whereas the word "ramp" is merely directed to the description of "apron," as it is considered to be colloquial.

Edited by Alistair Thomson

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Emma Pollak
Posted
Posted

The S1 and S2 are both the second rating one can achieve, if the division decides to bypass S1. 

Ensuring separation is included in the Departure description

In some places, the tower controller does manage separation between airborne aircraft, as well as separation between aircraft using runways. I'm not sure what you mean about the ground thing.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Yup, I missed the reference to separation there :(.

By the ground thing, I mean separation of aircraft on taxiways, eg. at intersections clear of runways. I am aware of Tower's responsibility for separation airborne in the ATZ and on runways.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.